“Delicios scones”

Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Chirk
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very pleasant surroundings being near the aqueduct. The blueberry and apple & cinnamon scones were delicious and an easy way to donate to charity as part of the cost was given to Nightingale Hospice.
Will definitely visit again soon.

3  Thank calselby

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just up the road from the Aquaduct, a good place to park and excellent coffee in light spacsious room.

3  Thank Stewart_Linda1977
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Having visited other nearby pubs and restaurants when in this area many times before, it was a pleasant surprise to stumble upon this café. It is so convenient for a walk along the aqueduct and Llangollen canal and offers free parking for visitors to the aqueduct.

The Café itself is clean modern and light with good toilets and free wifi.

The food and drinks are excellent value for money - so good we went back again two days later. Service was fine - I believe the staff are volunteers but may be wrong. If so, all credit to them, especially the chef.

There is a touch screen tourist information guide and even a small gift shop.

We will certainly be back again soon

4  Thank itchyfeet85
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I visited this cafe yesterday. Coffee was served spilled in the saucer. I had to ask for a napkin to mop this up. No apology was offered. I also had to ask for sugar. I commented on the cafe's facebook page suggesting the staff need training. I received a reply that a new volunteer who was deaf and had learning difficulties would not know any better had started "today". I replied that we had gone to the cafe the previous day. I then received a vitriolic personal attack in reply. The service was appalling and two people in front of us had a very short reply to a query. To suggest a deaf person with learning difficulties would know no better is insulting to disabled people. Many of my friends are disabled and would be furious over such a generalisation. If you want poor service and insulting comments when you complain, visit this cafe, otherwise, there are politer establishments within a ten minute walk.

1  Thank GillygemsWales
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have used the cafe a number of times when visiting Chirk, the staff are always friendly and helpful. There are tables outside so great if you have dogs with you and there is always a bowl of water for the dogs.
We have sampled tea, coffee, scones and welsh cakes all very yummy.
We would certainly recommend this cafe.

4  Thank Taffphillips