El Cielo de Canar
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Canar
See available hotels
    Good 3.5/5
    • Pool
    Hotel Miramar(Lanjaron)
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsel cielostayed for nightsjohnviewsvillageandaluciahillcookingstyledaylighthosting
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 25 August 2011

I usually write a review if I am really unimpressed, or very, very impressed. This time I am most definately impressed! My partner and I have just returned from a 4 night stay. We would recommend this place to anyone (and definately will)! We were made to feel incredibly welcome by John and Orna - who were both very helpful and added to the pleasure of our stay. The rooms are beautiful, with fantastic decor and wonderful refreshing showers. The best bit by far are the numerous terraces - especially for gin and tonics or fantstic dinners.

It is hot in summer - but it is still great to get up and out in the mountians. There is a lot to see locally, villages, views and even the Alhambra in Grenada.

John and Orna have created a little bit of heaven in the Spanish mountains. I am very envious! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank abi1985
    Reviewed 3 August 2011

My friends and I decided on this destination for our girly trip abroad a few weeks ago. I must say, I couldn't have had a more wonderful time. John and Orna took fabulous care of us for our 4 day stay, very friendly and welcoming, they were impeccable hosts to my friends and I. We can't say thank you enough for all the thoughtful care taken during our stay.
    The hotel building is stunning and immaculately presented, with beautifully finished touches throughout. With sun terraces to relax on outside the rooms, this was an ideal area for socialising with a few glasses of wine in the evenings, or even just relaxing during the day.
    The quiet location and surrounding breathtaking mountain views really do have a relaxing effect, we left feeling completely revitalised.
    I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in the area, we had a simply unforgettable time here. - Thanks again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Carla_C768
    Reviewed 2 August 2011

Great small retreat. Just four bedrooms which makes it nice and private. Warm and friendly welcome, which continued throughout the stay. Comfy rooms, and amazing views. Views are enjoyed by the pool, and best of all...when having breakfast or dinner. Some self service on drinks etc during the day...from fridges inside and outside. Dinner is by arrangement, prepared fresh by the owner...excellent! Also, good friendly pub in closeby village. In our opinion, a great cut off retreat for Spring, summer and Autumn. Very hot in summer. Our next visit will be spring or autumn when we can explore the mountains. Granada less than an hour, and great views en route. Will add pictures in a few days.

Room Tip: all four rooms have the same view, and a slightly different theme. Can't remeber ours, but sure they are all fine.
    • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Rootsey
    Reviewed 29 July 2011

My friends and I spent three nights at the wonderful El Cielo de Canar which was not long enough!
    When we arrived John and Orna were incredibly friendly and welcoming and this continued throughout our stay with us never wanting for anything, drinks food etc... They were one step ahead always! One day Anna delivered ice creams to us on our sunbeds at the pool, what a star!
    The views are breathtaking; the vast amount of space that surrounds you is amazing, incredibly relaxing and peaceful.
    The rooms were beautifully designed and the beds very comfortable; the bathrooms spacious and well equipped!
    Had an amazing time and will look forward to visiting again! Thank you! x

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
    2  Thank po51tee
    Reviewed 23 July 2011

We had a really enjoyable time staying here. The owners are friendly and welcoming, the room was clean and well presented and the views from the terrace was amazing. And the two labradors (Eddie and Elvis) took us on a long tour of the surrounding countryside!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple