Miss Jean's
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Crown Point
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Bought macaroni pie, callaloo and steam fish and everything was salty! I was very disappointed, clearly Miss Jean is not there anymore! Added to that, the staff is unfriendly and food is costly!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Located on the beach this is an excellent place to get a good local meal after a swim. Prices are a bit more expensive than out of the beach area but the convenience and taste compensates.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had lunch here on our last day in Tobago and could not have been more disappointed. We ordered crab & dumpling and shrimp curry with rice, and took them back to our room to eat there.

It took more than 5 minutes with a kitchen knife to extract the meat from the dozen or so small worryingly blackened legs (no claws or shell) of crab that were supplied, and at the end of this exercise I had about a tablespoon's worth of meat. At this point my attention turned to the dumplings, three pallid anaemic flaps of dough which looked like something that had been left outside on the road overnight. These really were not fit for consumption so the whole lot went into the bin.

The shrimp curry was just shy of double figures with only 9 shrimp of the very smallest kind, which would've fitted comfortably on a modest cheese biscuit. As for the sauce, I've produced more with a hefty sneeze, there was so little of it. The rice, however, would have fed a large, hungry family, as long as they didn't mind eating something slightly less tasty than the box it was served in.

Added to this, the staff were most unhappy that I tried to pay for a $125 meal with two $100 bills.

Pretty much the worst food and service I've ever had.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Minimal quality as food tastes different each time. Sometimes being microwaved to reheat old food. Food prices have risen sharply over the years.

1  Thank aps115
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had Roti, Shark Bake and Crab. They were excellent.. Great place for lunch.. Our flight was delayed so I walked over to Miss Jeans and had lunch for my family..

2  Thank BobSharonandMatt