“Horrible service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Gasparillo
“Horrible service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I regularly visit here for breakfast. Today we just entered, got no attention. Then there were alot of guests there and even though we were told we would have a long wait no one bothered to offer us tea or coffee or even a place to sit and wait while we await a table.

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is only open on mornings and appears to open if they feel like it. We called around 11:00 am and were disappointed with all aspects from the comedic service, poor fruit juice and average pancakes then 3 small juices and 1 pancake for over TT950 ( nearly £10) won't return as there are much better places!

• Visited April 2014
Port of Spain, Trinidad
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bliss on your tongue, gentle on your wallet, service to make you smile”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Excellent is too weak a word, wonderful just scrapes the surface. The house special and the short stack were my favourite eats here but don't be afraid to take the leap over to the specialty pancakes either. I've been spoiled because of Tobago's Original House of Pancakes, I don't think I can eat pancake anywhere else again... no exaggeration. I am a lover of food and taste and this was the best breakfast I have had in my life. EVER. But what really moves this experience into the realm of the sublime is the cup of Tobago Chocolate with whipped cream... Nothing I have ever put upon my tongue has ever been as delicious, as beautiful, as divine, as this nectar. The aroma alone was a step to bliss. Every sip made me close my eyes.
In addition to this, the service was very good. Solicitous, generous, honest, courteous and with a friendly professionalism.
I highly recommend that if you are ever in Tobago, you have your breakfast right there.
I don't ever give such glowing reviews but no place has ever deserved it before...

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rainand M
Toronto
“One word ... YUM!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We heard from friends that the pineapple and coconut pancakes were a must and we were not disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly. Our breakfast was delicious and reasonable in price. Nothing bad to say at all. If you are in the area and love a good big breakfast make sure to go here!

Visited March 2014
Trinidad
“Not and ideal island experience.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This place was not as clean as it should be to serve food. There were flies since the tables were not cleaned properly after customers left. Also there were chickens walking close to the table where people ate. My food did not come all at once. My waffle was huge and my eggs smaller than one serving. I regret going to this place to have breakfast and will not recommend anyone to this place. You might as well stay at home and make your own simple meal.

Visited November 2013