“Excellent and authentic”

Ranked #31 of 42 Restaurants in Crown Point
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It's worth seeking out Marcia's small restaurant (it feels like you're eating in her front room!) as the food quality is excellent and service prompt and pleasant. A group of 11 of us visited and they catered for us with ease. Very highly recommended and some of the best food we had whilst spending a week at the South of the island.

1  Thank Steve_NXG
There are newer reviews for Marcias Restaurant

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Marcias small restaurant is very cosy and special. Serving home-style dinner in a small house. Wonderful food, and take some time to talk to Marcia if she is there. Lovely owners.

The place has a sign that you should wear proper clothes (no beach clothes).

Reviewed 25 April 2013

nothing special but for what we paid it was ok.
she was whatching a movie while serving us on a loud volume..
but it was fresh food and tasty

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Miss Marcia and her daughter run this fantastic restaurant. You'll be given a short menu - lobster, shrimp, conch, chicken, pork, salads, soups, homemade desserts. You'll then be told what is and isn't available from the menu, and what variations are to be effected to the dishes on the menu. This will depend on what food Marcia has in the kitchen - I have no problem with this as I'd rather eat fresh food than things out of the freezer or which may have been waiting around for a bit. No idea why they don't just chalk up a blackboard with that days menu, but hey.

We had a shrimp soup and a salad, and a curried conch dish. Wow, the conch was the best I'd ever eaten - so so tender. When next in Tobago I'll be calling ahead to make sure Marcia has conch before I eat there again! The soup was good. The salad was fresh and crunchy (often something of a rarity in the Caribbean).

One of the highlights of the evening was meeting Miss Marcia herself - do ask if she has a moment to pop out of the kitchen. She is quite the character, and clearly thrives on 'talking food'. She explained how the dishes were made, both those on the menu and those we had eaten elsewhere. She will also share all sorts of other stories with you - engage and I promise you'll be laughing and smiling like we were. Otherwise you will be looked after by Marcia's daughter who runs front of house - she is delightful and helpful.

Another highlight, other than the great food and an audience with Miss Marcia, is the decor. You will arrive at a restaurant in a mainly residential area, where you'll find no outdoor seating, and you'll enter a pretty chilly air-conditioned room where the curtains are mainly closed, and the decor is, shall we say, eclectic. Do not let this put you off. Previous reviewers have described the interior as like sitting in someone's house, and they're not far wrong. Everything is spotlessly clean. There are silk/plastic flowers everywhere, quite a bit of lace, and Christmas decorations (in April!). Go with it just this once. We usually avoid places with this sort of decor, but are very glad something said 'try this' when we drove by.

Note the location - if staying in Crown Point you'll probably need a cab (Marcia was ordering cabs for other diners), if staying elsewhere you'll probably have wheels.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stopped in at Marcia's a few years ago looking for some victuals and it turned out to be one of the best choices I've ever made. The interior of the small restaurant is quite red, lots and plastic flowers and all this. I'm fine with that because I was not there to eat the decor. I have eaten conch (a large marine mollusc) before. Marcia's preparation of conch however has forever spoiled me. It was easily one of the best meals I have ever eaten, and I consider myself fussy. The food does take some time because Marcia does all of the work on her own, but you can always pass the time with a few drinks from the well stocked bar. Marcia is also makes excellent desserts. If you are in search of authentic Caribbean cuisine then this is definitely the place to be. After having eaten the conch, the memory of the meal stayed with me until I felt compelled to go have it again the very next evening. It also does not hurt that Marcia is a very affable and charming woman.