“The pool is the best!”
Review of Douglas Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Douglas Apartments
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel while on a SBA field trip way back in 2009 (tripadvisor is not allowing me to click the correct date).

You definitely pay for what you get. It is a guesthouse and not a hotel. With that in mind go with an open mind.

The good:
Located close to crown point, its a 20 minute walk to the beach and other entertainment options on that end of the island.

The owners are helpful and nice and will try to help as much as possible.

The pool is the bomb! It was clean and well maintained.

The bad:
The room I stayed in...the toilet seat was totally broken. So I had to squat 0_o

There are too many chickens. It seems that they are used to people since one came into our apartment, well cock up her foot and watched us in our faces. LOL

Ultimately I recommend this place. Very budget friendly and the pool....I can go on and on about this pool!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank psykick

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Our experience was not the best one- (1) After the first night, my wife's skin was scratching. We requested that the sheets be changed to which the owner agreed. He even offered to wash the sheets in a specially medicated detergent, for which we were very grateful. The owner's wife, however, was not accommodating as she made it her point to question me-"what could possibly be in the sheets"? A statement which i believe was very arrogant and not Customer service friendly at all. (2) We booked 6 nights and therefore believed that we would be entitled to some basic room service- take out garbage, change of towels etc. We did not get any of this until we called the office on our 5th day! The son however, apologized profusely saying that we were not on the list for upkeep! Hence the reason we were left out. (3) on noticing the son extending hospitality to us, again, the wife confronts us saying the sheets were changed earlier in the week- an issue totally unrelated to take out garbage and change of towels. Imagine what would have happened if we asked them to change the sheets that were there for three days! (4) the shower in our apartment (1st apartment) was broken and flowed inconsistently. While the apartment was well stocked, the pool ok (terribly burned eyes though) and located close to beaches and food, the service aspect took away from the overall experience.

Room Tip: If you are offered the 1st room, ensure the shower is functional
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed 21 March 2013

went to douglas apartments on the 14-17 march 2013 with another family couple,and believe it or not ,you have to see for oneself it is a very homely inviting place if you don't watch your self youcan make it your next home if you are a relaxing kind of person, there is a peace and warmth that many of the hotels i went to is lacking and there in this little island of Tobago you can get to unlease yourself and be your self ,i took the double apartment which was well comfortable and had all amenities you need, the swimming pool was very inviting and clean there is also a barbecue pit that you can do your stuff if your needs be ,and you are around walking distance to every thing ,so lets give credit where it should be ;to the Douglas's your place is a WOW and we will surely be back.thank you /Nelson/hosten.

Room Tip: it seem like all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank empress152
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Douglas offers large rooms ,we were 2 couples in number 6 . 2 bed room , en suite . Reccpmend as this room is on first floor so good breeze . Douglas family were great , provide a BBQ down by swim pool . Happy to help with anything . Cockerel and chickens always entertaining .
Douglas is few minutes walk to cove point shops and cages and say 15 to 20 mins walk from pigeon point beach .
Will definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank isbjorn
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I must say that I was surprised at this little gem of self contained apartments. The surroundings were well keep and the pool was small but clean. Especially since what advertised is usually not seen when you get there, but it was up to mark.

The rooms were very comfortable, neat and clean. The fridge was a good size with clean glasses, cleaning utensils etc.

It was a bit hot in the room but one you get the a/c going you are fine, and if you are not an a/c person they are equiped with fans as well. We had a large apartment that was great for large families or groups of friends 1 king size bed and 3 full beds with 2 television sets.

The price is very reasonable and worth the money. it is also close to amenties such as food etc and you could stock up in the large fridge if need be. I would definitely stay here again as it is great for short and long personal and family trips, but may not be the best for business trips.

Room Tip: No Wifi and no wheel chair access to rooms on the other levels In the larger apartments which are...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Squidtto
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Normally when I go Tobago for vacation, for some reason I does be real tired, especially coming off that boat feeling upset as usually. But I must say my short vacation visit to Douglas Apartment, I was real rested and very much please with the surrounding and the friendliness of Mr. and Mrs. Douglas.

The place was a little hard to find but Mrs. Douglas gives good direction to reach the location. The rooms were well kept clean, air-condition, and cable TV and also well stock kitchen with utensils so cooking was not a problem for me.

The location was on point to all the shopping, airport and beach area. I had a blast. Will definitely go back and recommend it to anyone. The affordable rates, well-kept area and friendliness of the owner were well worth the trip.

Keys words for me and my vacation, CLEAN, FUN, and RELAX.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MELISSAD1
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Douglas apartment were recommended to me by a friend ,and I must say the stay at this guest house was a very enjoyable one .Special thank you Mr. and Mrs.Douglas for your contribution in making this vacation a memorable one .I am looking forward to taking my relatives back to have the experience

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sandy Point Village
Sandy Point Village
#15 of 20 in Crown Point
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel

Been to Douglas Apartments? Share your experiences!