Never been to Tobago before and wanted to find a place with easy access to everything. I checked online and got curious about the Bananaquit hotel. Thought I would give it a try and if I didn't like it, I could just move to another place. I ended up staying all my 10 days there! First the distance from the airport is superb. It's actually walking distance, which is even better when you are leaving. No worries about getting to the airport in time, and if the flight is late, just go back and hang out by the pool or at the nearby Storebay beach. There is no noise or any other disturbance as you might expect from being so close to the airport.
Bananaquit is located within walking distance from the Storebay beach with beautiful sunrises, as well as Pigeon point (15min), a great beach with clear water and all sorts of water sports and activities. There's a pretty laid back atmosphere on the island in general, but if you want to go out it's not far from the nightclub, The Shade. The Shade is an outdoor bar/nightclub surrounded by amazing landscaping with huge trees...a really spectacular place. I enjoyed my nights there very much. And just for a light dinner you can find different restaurants within a 10 min walk. If you want to go for an island tour, you can get help to find a rental car quite easily. There are some beautiful beaches and places around the island that are definitely worth seeing. Just be sure to check with reception first, as there are some non-reputable rental companies to stay away from.
The Bananaquit hotel is a family styled place, not too big, not too small. Clean, relaxed, small quiet garden and nice rooms with all utilities you need to take care of your own cooking, if you prefer. The pool is shared with the neighboring hotel, perfect for an hour or two, if you just want to relax.
I must also give credit to the Best's (hosts) for their friendliness, which helped make me feel welcome from day one until I left. Thanks!
I will be back and can highly recommend a stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bananaquit is conveniently located in the Crown Point area. A cosy haven in the hub of activity with a more personal and intimate atmospehere. The property offers self catered rooms with kitchenettes, but there is also a new restaurant onsite. All within walking distance of beaches, bars, restaurants, groceries and entertainment for the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Bananaquit Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananaquit Apartments Hotel Crown Point
- Bananaquit Apartments Tobago/Crown Point