“The Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bananaquit Apartments

Bananaquit Apartments
“The Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2006

Never been to Tobago before and wanted to find a place with easy access to everything. I checked online and got curious about the Bananaquit hotel. Thought I would give it a try and if I didn't like it, I could just move to another place. I ended up staying all my 10 days there! First the distance from the airport is superb. It's actually walking distance, which is even better when you are leaving. No worries about getting to the airport in time, and if the flight is late, just go back and hang out by the pool or at the nearby Storebay beach. There is no noise or any other disturbance as you might expect from being so close to the airport.

Bananaquit is located within walking distance from the Storebay beach with beautiful sunrises, as well as Pigeon point (15min), a great beach with clear water and all sorts of water sports and activities. There's a pretty laid back atmosphere on the island in general, but if you want to go out it's not far from the nightclub, The Shade. The Shade is an outdoor bar/nightclub surrounded by amazing landscaping with huge trees...a really spectacular place. I enjoyed my nights there very much. And just for a light dinner you can find different restaurants within a 10 min walk. If you want to go for an island tour, you can get help to find a rental car quite easily. There are some beautiful beaches and places around the island that are definitely worth seeing. Just be sure to check with reception first, as there are some non-reputable rental companies to stay away from.

The Bananaquit hotel is a family styled place, not too big, not too small. Clean, relaxed, small quiet garden and nice rooms with all utilities you need to take care of your own cooking, if you prefer. The pool is shared with the neighboring hotel, perfect for an hour or two, if you just want to relax.

I must also give credit to the Best's (hosts) for their friendliness, which helped make me feel welcome from day one until I left. Thanks!

I will be back and can highly recommend a stay here.

/Stefan

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2006

My wife, our daughter, our son in law and our grandson of 2 1/2 had the pleasure of staying here from April 19th to April 21st, 2006. Our apartment was clean, neat, spacious and had all the utilities and utensils we needed for a comfortable 3 days.

Plus the owners, the Best's were great hosts.

We highly recommend it.

1 Thank ragjaws
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2006

Banaquit fooled me last year- I saw this nice guesthouse and decided to give a try, but I was sadly disappointed; the loft room was'nt cleaned from the previous occupant, old food was still in the fridge, garbage bins full and was not emptied once in the 3 days I stayed there. All the owners needed was a couple of cleaning personnel to help run and maintain the place.

• Stayed May 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boca Raton, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2006

This is the second year in a row that my friends and I have stayed at the Bananaquit. We all find the staff to be very friendly. The whole place gives off a very family oriented and friendly environment. The rooms are very spacious, and clean. This place is not the ritz by any means however it is great for people who do not want to spend a fortune, be in walking distance of pretty much anything in the Store Bay area, including the airport, and just have a relaxing time.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank Cameron77
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2006

Every time I visit Tobago my friends and I stay at Bananquit Guest Apt. The rooms are large, with a kitchenette and living space. The staff is not overbearing, but available when you need them. This is a no-frills place to stay, it's very convenient (in wallking distance from the airport and beach), each room has a great layout, and it's affordable! I love this place!

• Stayed March 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank fragoo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2004

Five of us (middle age to senior citizens) just returned from 11 days on Togago. We stayed at Bananaquit on Store Bay Road from Sept. 27 through Oct. 8, 2004. We found our accomodations and the staff to be very nice, friendly, and more than adequate for our needs.
It was our first stay in the Carribean, and we would certainly return.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel

Been to Bananaquit Apartments? Share your experiences!