“fantastic stay!”

Bananaquit Apartments
“fantastic stay!”
Reviewed 22 June 2006

fantastic stay!

Just returned from a fortnight at bananaquit. Ideal location, 2 minutes from airport and 5 minutes to beachs. Friendly family run hotel, spacious clean rooms, comfortable beds, helpful and courteous staff, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 22 June 2006

I spent two weeks in Tobago and during that time I stayed at Bananaquit. Its close to the airport, within walking distrance from the beaches and restaurants.
With clean rooms and the Bests staff, who are extremely friendly and helpful in all areas, I had a great stay. Would highly recommend it to everyone I know.

• Stayed May 2006
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2006

My husband and I were travelling to Tobago for a short vacation, and had reserved a room with Bananaquit prior to departure. Bananaquit is ideally situated about 5 minutes (walk) from the airport. We did have a bunch of luggage, and thought we might as well take a taxi. The cab ride costed us $5US for literally a 30 second drive. What a rip off!!! Once we arrived at Bananaquit, the owner showed us to our room, which was on the ground floor. The room smelled like a urinal. It was terrible. We told the owner about the smell and asked if she had another room available. She gave us a strange look and told us that there were nothing else available. We found out from her husband that the room next to ours had plumbing problems and it wasn't surprising that it did smell. Luckily, we were able to find accomodations in the hotel next door (Store Bay Resort).

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank BeetleBumbee
, Owner/ Mananger at Bananaquit Apartments, responded to this review, 24 June 2006
I am very sorry that your visit to Tobago was disappointing. We know how much people's vacations mean to them, however our website does inform that we are only 5 mins walk from the airport and that a taxi ride would cost $ 5-10 US.

As for your room, unfortunately we were not able to foresee that the neighboring apartment would become blocked up with sand, and thus cause the plumbing problem which you experienced. As we were full, the best we could do was refer you to the hotel next door and see to it that the problem was fixed asap, which was seen to the very next day.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this caused you.
Reviewed 23 May 2006

Never been to Tobago before and wanted to find a place with easy access to everything. I checked online and got curious about the Bananaquit hotel. Thought I would give it a try and if I didn't like it, I could just move to another place. I ended up staying all my 10 days there! First the distance from the airport is superb. It's actually walking distance, which is even better when you are leaving. No worries about getting to the airport in time, and if the flight is late, just go back and hang out by the pool or at the nearby Storebay beach. There is no noise or any other disturbance as you might expect from being so close to the airport.

Bananaquit is located within walking distance from the Storebay beach with beautiful sunrises, as well as Pigeon point (15min), a great beach with clear water and all sorts of water sports and activities. There's a pretty laid back atmosphere on the island in general, but if you want to go out it's not far from the nightclub, The Shade. The Shade is an outdoor bar/nightclub surrounded by amazing landscaping with huge trees...a really spectacular place. I enjoyed my nights there very much. And just for a light dinner you can find different restaurants within a 10 min walk. If you want to go for an island tour, you can get help to find a rental car quite easily. There are some beautiful beaches and places around the island that are definitely worth seeing. Just be sure to check with reception first, as there are some non-reputable rental companies to stay away from.

The Bananaquit hotel is a family styled place, not too big, not too small. Clean, relaxed, small quiet garden and nice rooms with all utilities you need to take care of your own cooking, if you prefer. The pool is shared with the neighboring hotel, perfect for an hour or two, if you just want to relax.

I must also give credit to the Best's (hosts) for their friendliness, which helped make me feel welcome from day one until I left. Thanks!

I will be back and can highly recommend a stay here.

/Stefan

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario
Reviewed 29 April 2006

My wife, our daughter, our son in law and our grandson of 2 1/2 had the pleasure of staying here from April 19th to April 21st, 2006. Our apartment was clean, neat, spacious and had all the utilities and utensils we needed for a comfortable 3 days.

Plus the owners, the Best's were great hosts.

We highly recommend it.

1 Thank ragjaws
Reviewed 21 April 2006

Banaquit fooled me last year- I saw this nice guesthouse and decided to give a try, but I was sadly disappointed; the loft room was'nt cleaned from the previous occupant, old food was still in the fridge, garbage bins full and was not emptied once in the 3 days I stayed there. All the owners needed was a couple of cleaning personnel to help run and maintain the place.

• Stayed May 2005
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed 17 March 2006

This is the second year in a row that my friends and I have stayed at the Bananaquit. We all find the staff to be very friendly. The whole place gives off a very family oriented and friendly environment. The rooms are very spacious, and clean. This place is not the ritz by any means however it is great for people who do not want to spend a fortune, be in walking distance of pretty much anything in the Store Bay area, including the airport, and just have a relaxing time.

• Stayed March 2006
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel

Been to Bananaquit Apartments? Share your experiences!