“Great Place To Stay”
Review of Native Abode

Native Abode
Ranked #1 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had to stay near the airport for one night as our flight arrived late and we were moving on up the coast of Tobago the next day. We chose Native Abode for our stopover. Nothing was too much trouble. Stein came and collected us from the airport and settled us in. The room was lovely. Beautifully furnished with a Queen sized bed, beautiful bed linen and quality throughout. As it was late evening, Stein took us to a local restaurant and collected us. With more time it would have been a pleasant walk. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice to suit everyone. Even the cutlery was of the highest quality. We would recommend Native Abode as a high quality B&B. Friendly, welcoming and helpful.…

2  Thank AlfandMaria
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement. It was truly our pleasure to make your short stay with us at Native Abode a real experience in authentic Tobago hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back to destination Tobago some time in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a great time in Tobago and totally enjoyed the "feel like home" service At Native Abode. It was our first time staying at a B&B and we would definitely recommend it to friends and family!!
Owner was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Deluxe King Bed room
1  Thank Mike L

We are glad that we could contribute to you having an enjoyable Tobago stay and that our hospitality was sincerely appreciated and made your first stay at a B&B a positive experience. We also thank you for your endorsement.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was blessed this year to celebrate my birthday in Sweet Tobago. After a weeklong celebration on the island I decided to spend my last night in Crown Point. Native Adobe was the choice in accommodations. I have stayed all over Tobago even on the BEST VILLAs and hotels Tobago has to offer and nothing compares to the experience I had at Native Abode. I must stress the customer service was so personal with a modern touch and home away from home feel. I love the setting I love that I was still in TOBAGO with the residents. All the amenities were modern. The breakfast was out of this world, freshly prepared local cuisine with the perfect ambiance. Thank you so much for waking up early and preparing breakfast for me before my early flight to NY words cannot describe how much I appreciate that. I am also grateful for the complimentary ride to the airport. I know that I won’t get that service from any luxury accommodations and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the over the top service. I am a frequent visitor to Tobago and I pray god bless me to be able to stay at native adobe soon. I will be back and Thanks again from KAY <3

3  Thank osun k

Making you feel just like family was our pleasure. We are so pleased that your experience with us at Native Abode was unforgettable and that the combination of true Tobago hospitality and our offering of modern creature comforts will bring you back to us soon. Looking forward to having you again and thank you for your endorsement.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

An awesome way to experience a unique blend of Tobago’s warmth and hospitality combined with a very well run B&B by host Stein and his Family. Native Abode is set in a pleasant Tobago neighborhood, surrounded by it’s own backyard of coconut trees, mango trees, banana plants, citrus, noni and more.

Removed from the bustle of the Crown Point, Pigeon Point area, yet a mere 5 mins drive away; within easy reach of Tobago’s charming Capital Scarborough, Native Abode offers some of Tobago’s and the Caribbean’s traditional breakfasts, together with an international touch if you prefer that.

Rooms had all the amenities and facilities of a 5-star abode (including wifi, and parking), and appliances of home so you can choose. Our hosts Stein and his Family moved effortlessly between the roles of hosts, chauffeur, headwaiter, front desk and concierge, all with a friendly Tobago hospitality that cannot fully be described, but must be experienced.

It was an absolute pleasure to stay at Native Abode.

1  Thank Ed S
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Your enjoyment of your stay with us at Native Abode is truly heart-warming. It is always a rewarding experience when our guest express their sincere appreciation for the authentic Tobago hospitality extended to them during their stay. We are glad your stay was a pleasurable one and we thank you for your endorsement. We also look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights in January 2014 and could not be more impressed with the accommodations and hospitality at Native Abode. After reading countless reviews of several hotels and guest houses in Tobago for the popular New Year’s week, we were exceptionally lucky to snag the last room available in this small but stately bed and breakfast (for about half the price of several other highly rated hotels on the island). It was so much better than the beachfront motel we stayed at the prior year, and a visit by his family members staying at a nearby motel this year brought lots of comments such as “I wish our hotel had that!” and “I wish we stayed here!” We stayed in the deluxe room with a full size bed (205) which was cozy, clean and beautifully decorated. We appreciated the central air and access to Netflix, free Wi-Fi and free international phone calls to the U.S. The shower consistently had hot water and good pressure. We were grateful for the refrigerator and microwave to enjoy our leftovers from Kalina and cold Caribs for lunch the next afternoon. We rented a car and felt safe parking it in the driveway. It was a short drive to Pigeon Point and Buccoo Reef for a fun and affordable glass bottom boat ride.
I can’t say enough the wonderful owners, Stein and Kaye. Stein went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and satisfied - from when he welcomed us by name at our arrival to the day of our departure: tissues to accommodate my cold, a deluxe corkscrew set for our bottle of wine, breakfast delivered personally to our room one morning, a late checkout, among other things. The breakfasts were absolutely scrumptious. I enjoyed my omelet so much the first day that I couldn’t bear to go without one the next two days, while my boyfriend enjoyed the local specialties of flying fish and smoked herring. We loved the fresh fruit and coffee as well.
I can’t imagine staying anywhere else in Tobago now that we’ve stayed at Native Abode. I was hesitant to share it with friends, family, and Tripadvisor because I want to make sure we get a room next time we visit, but they deserve the utmost praise for their service. Thank you so much for the hospitality!!!

2  Thank BostonGirl85

It was our pleasure to extend true Tobago hospitality to you both during your stay with us at Native Abode. We are glad that we were able to surpass your expectations and win you into the Native Abode family. We are also truly appreciative of your sincere comments and endorsements and look forward to your repeat visits.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Let me start with the host Mr Stein, he was so hospitable and full of knowledge of Tobago and those fruit trees :) The place is about 5 mins drive from the airport and it really is a home away from home (without the stress). My boyfriend & I went for some R&R for a weekend and we definitely got just that! The room was clean & luxurious (deluxe room with king size bed) with a small kitchenette. Pigeon point beach was 5 mins drive & it was clean and beautiful...green waters and lots of coconut trees. (TIP: When going to bathe in the beach, you'll have to walk in a bit because there are lots of stones closer to the shore) We ate dinner at Cafe Coco which was recommended by Mr Stein and the food was value for your money and tasty. I had to save the best for last....THE BREAKFAST was AMAZING.....& had lots of options....we had a breadfruit punch...I am still lost for words. If I had to summarize the Native Abode experience in a few words, it will be: Value for your money, Relaxing with a wonderful host. Definitely returning soon!

1  Thank Darnelle D
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

We are glad that your stay with us was such a memorable experience. We thank you for all your glowing comments and look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I have been visiting native abode for the Xmas holidays two years now and it's like visiting your own home, if you get what I mean... Clean, cosy, tucked away, superb service. Not forgetting the "food" thank you ms Kaye and mr stein and your mom for making our holidays just the way we wanted it PERFECT .....you guys are the best! See you next December ..

Warmest regards
The Quashie family

Room Tip: My tip .. When visiting do it with a car or rent one.. It can be a bit of a walk if you are not up f...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D First-Lady Q

It was a true joy for us at Native Abode to have you with us again this past Christmas and we are pleased that it was a perfect getaway for you both. Looking forward to having you 'home' again for Christmas 2014 or sooner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crown Point
#2 of 20 in Crown Point
Miller's Guest House
Miller's Guest House
#7 of 92 in Tobago

Been to Native Abode? Share your experiences!