“First Visit”
Review of Native Abode

Native Abode
Ranked #1 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our first trip to Tobago and because of the excellent service provided by Stein and family it will definitely not be the last. The hotel is located within walking distance of Store Bay and Pigeon Point beaches (10-20 mins) and if you don't like walking then a local taxi will get you there for $3.00TT (50 cents US). Stein even took us there on our first day. The hotel room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Wi Fi was always available - free of charge. Cable TV and Netflix also available.And if you knew how to program the remote Stein had a lot of local events available for viewing - calypso shows, steelband concerts etc. Breakfast which came with the room was excellent (spectacular might be a better word). We loved the local cuisine. Only wished dinner was available. Also, the hotel is just a short distance from the airport (about 5 minutes) and even so we never heard any noise from any airplane - only the roosters early in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We are pleased that your interaction with us at Native Abode left an indelible impression on you about our establishment and destination Tobago. We note your suggestion about dinner and look forward to having you back with us soon.

There are newer reviews for Native Abode

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed again at Native Abode for the weekend may 2, 2014. Miss Kaye was her usual hospitable, warm and friendly self. I stayed a year ago, and since then they have upgraded to free wifi throughout the property, complimentary beach towels and even netflix and amazon prime tv included with the ultra modern large flat screen tvs in each room! Breakfast was a joy as always, smoked fish was my favorite! Local fruits like passion fruit, cashew and pommerac were there for the taking. Lovely B&B, will continue to stay there!

Room Tip: There are only five rooms in this B&B, they are all awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank agentbenten
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Your appreciation of the continuous efforts made to ensure your stay with us is always a joy is rewarding. We are glad to know that your second time around with us was even more enjoyable than your first. Looking forward to your third visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Unlike my first stay here, I brought along my wife. She wanted to explore the island while still having somewhere nice to stay at an affordable price. My obvious choice was Native Abode.
Since my last stay in Dec 2013, Stein and his crew have made some upgrades to the room making it even more comfortable. Also on my last visit my workshop had me on the go very early so I was only able to have breakfast here on one day. This time my wife and I have greatly enjoyed the delicious breakfast prepared with such consistiency in great taste everyday.
Once more I would definately rate here as the best b&b on the island. Excellent service, rooms are great ( packed with all that one would need), proximity to the airport is great (with airport transfers included), proximity to beaches and food outlets is also excellent. All in all, best value for your money. Room 201 2014/05/08.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nickhassanali
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

It was a joy having you with us on your return visit to Tobago. It is always affirming when patrons are able to find something in our offering to be amazed by on their repeat visits. We are pleased that we were able to make your second time around with us just as satisfying as the first time, if not even more so. We look forward to having you back with us on many more visits to Tobago and await to be of service to you with genuine Tobago hospitality.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for my birthday in January 2014 and must say I was very pleased with my time there. Since I am leaving review my a few months later, I cannot remember every detail of my stay (or names), but I can remember that I was never dissapointed.

My holiday started off with an unfortunate incident as I realised that somebody had stolen my money (which happened at one of the airports). But the owners of Native abode helped me by driving me to the police station to report it and also driving me to the ATM so that I could get more spending money.

As a solo traveller, I was grateful for the wide choice of cable channels and access to Netflix available in all rooms. My room (which was kept immaculately clean) also had a microwave, a fridge, cupboards for cutlery, a wardrobe, iron and board etc.

Apart from that, as previously mentioned by other reviewers, I cannot end my review without commenting on the wonderful breakfast which was provided every morning such as fresh fruits, salt fish, coconut bakes, omlettes flying fish, chicken.....the list goes on! Which reminds me, I must email them and ask for recipes :)

Oh, I almost forgot! For my birthday, my room was uprgraded from standard to delux (upon arrival) and I was given a bottle of non alcoholic champagne! This is not policy but was done as a gesture of goodwill from people with warm hearts.

I will definately be back and would choose this place (which feels like home away from home) over a 5 star hotel any day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank lilacy80
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We are truly glad that despite the unfortunate circumstances at the start of your holiday, overall you had a great stay with us at Native Abode. We were determined to make sure your encounter with destination Tobago was a positive one and therefore were committed to ensuring you experienced genuine Tobago hospitality while on the island. It is heartening to know that you will be back and we look forward to being of service to you on your return visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

What can I say, so you can truly understand the ESSENCE of this place. Lets start with the owners. They were very gracious, friendly, accommodating, pleasant and kind people. The place felt like visiting certain family whose house you love to stay in. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and spacious, the kitchenette (an awesome PLUS) and your own porch/terrace that puts a cherry to the end of a fun day. The breakfast choices are phenominal, from the food to the fresh juices and fruits. I had the best ginger tea ever. (P.S. daily home made bread... I know I gained 5 lbs from stuffing my face), I love that you're not stuck with the same old continental breakfast. We're on an island so they introduce us to that cuisine in your breakfast choice. My husband, our 8 yr old son who and my two best friend can't stop talking about how much we enjoy this little piece of heaven. Another bonus, how wonderful it is to walk in a garden, pick fruits off the tree and eat it right there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TRAVELLIFE69
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We are so very pleased that you and your party enjoyed the essence of island living while you stayed with us at Native Abode. Destination Tobago truly has a lot to offer our visitors and it was our pleasure to ensure that you experienced a taste of authentic Tobago hospitality and culture. We thank you for your sincere comments and endorsement and look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at Native Abode for my honeymoon and would recommend it wholeheartedly. The atmosphere was restful as the neighborhood is very quiet. The rooms were well furnished, very clean and comfortable. There's free Netflix and wi-fi as well. Breakfast was tasty and filling and Kaye and Stein (the owners) were welcoming, friendly and very accommodating. It's close enough to walk to Pigeon Point beach and there are lots of places nearby to find food. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Solange S
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

We are truly pleased that your honeymoon was well spent with us at Native Abode. We thank you for your sincere comments and endorsement and we look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was amazed at the decor of the Native Abode. Nothing was spared to ensure the elegance and , creativity that was achieved. The pictures on the website were outdone by the reality of the beauty we encountered. The bed was extremely comfortable. We were blown away by the delicious food and were able to encourage Kay at the last moment to prepare lunch for us as well. There are endless fruit trees and a cotton tree on the property that add to the peace of the place. We were only there for a short business stay and ever since my return I have been thinking of getting my husband out there for a getaway weekend. A truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ColleenD651
Kaye T, Owner at Native Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

We thank you for your sincere comments and appreciation of our offering to you and your party during your short stay with us. We are pleased that you had a wonderful experience and look forward to extending true Tobago hospitality to you and your husband soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crown Point
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
Candles in the Wind
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Native Abode? Share your experiences!