“good times”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Kia's Across from The Beach
Ranked #10 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Georgetown, Guyana
“good times”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My friends and I spent one night in Tobago and decided to stay at Kia's. We didn't really care about where we'd stay since our number one priority was to go beach hopping our entire trip! However, our room was surprisingly huge with a kitchenette and three beds all at a very affordable price. The canteen next door had some really nice local food and a cute colorful parrot to keep your company while u dine. Now for the cons; the wifi sucked and the cable wasn't working well. We couldn't locate the relevant persons to help us out so we asked some very helpful guests who were staying right below us. Overall it was okay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed here 1 night and was with some friends from Canada who were in Tobago for the first time. This place is a treasure and I am glad that I found it. Now understand that it is not a 5 star place by Canadian or US standards but the value for what it offers is amazing. First, the location is great with a 5 minute walk to the place from the airport and everything from food to the beaches is a quick walk away. The local caretaker Joselyn was very helpful and kind and made things a lot easier for us. The manager, Gizelle was helpful from the get go and even tried to save us money by making some suggestion. She also called to ensure that every thing was going fine. They also have a local man that was an amazing contact, his name is Evan. He took us out for a tour and saved us time and money with his knowledge. He also set up our glass bottom tour and when the tour operator ripped us off, even offered to refund our money from his own pocket to compensate. The boat "Cool Runnings" is owned by a dishonest man named Ronnie and was more interested in money than service, they forgot to pack the snorkelling gear and then did not want to do anything to compensate us. Anyways, not the fault of the place or Evan. The place has a nice garden and a kitchen with all the bedrooms being air conditioned. Mattresses are average for Tobago, below average for North American standards but this did not impact my ability to sleep. There is wi-if and cable tv if you need those things. All in all, this is now my new place to stay when I visit Tobago and I have been in a few.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mangod00
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at Kia's for our honeymoon on Dec 21, 2012 to Dec 24, 2012, and I couldn't ask for better service than the one I received at Kia's. The staff was very very friendly, they even decorated the suite as a honeymoon suite (wine, flowers, champagne glasses), my husband was very very impressed. We will definitely stayed there again everytime we go to Tobago, we have just discouverd our 2nd home in Tobago. Even though the place was under renovation it never felt that way. The location is excellent, the sense of being safe-you cannot put a price on that! Our every need was met and then to top it all she our room was the best location in the whole building. It was fun to sit on the balcony at night and have drinks while checking out the scene!!!!
Thanks again Karen and Joslin, see you next year!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Savi B
Petit Bourg, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 21 January 2013

It's not bad for a person on a conscious budget. If you're not planning to spend much time indoors and just want a place to crash for the night, then it's ok. The rooms are small, some with fans and mosquito nets and others AC.

The location however, is EXCELLENT!!! Situated directly on the main road, surrounded by restaurants and supermarkets, a 3 minute walk from Storebay Beach and 10 minute walk to the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MJ_Trini
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I’ve stayed at Kia’s Across already three times in the past four years and I’ll be back later this January. I always use Kia’s Across because it’s clean &honest, the manager Karen is always accommodating, and the prices are great for the location. I practically live on the beach when I’m in Tobago. Thinking of checking out some of the beaches on the other side of the island this time. But I’ll still stay @ Kia’s Across because I absolutely adore Storebay and Pigeon Point (my all time favorite so far), and Kia’s Across is very central for exploring these beaches and Tobago night life. Good price, killer location.

Room Tip: The two studio apartments are the ones with the most character and privacy.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I am a Trinidadian living in the UK.

My wife (from Scotland) and I booked into Kia's across from the beach from the UK, 3 months in advance based on Tripadvisor reviews for 4 nights.

We deposited the first night's rent of our 4 day stay into Karen's bank account. We had contacted her two days before to let her know our flight had been delayed by two hours by e-mail and by calling the day before - we spoke to a receptionist- there was no warning of any problem.

On arrival we were met by the head waitress in the restaurant. Karen was abroad in Canada for an "emergency". We were informed that our room had been given to another family that had decided to "stay on" i.e. a family with a longer booking than ours.

We were shown 2 totally unsuitable alternative rooms (across the road and behind Kia's) that sent alarm bells ringing for hygiene and safety.

We found another hotel for our stay - partly because of my local knowledge.

I have never experienced such a situation - the way we felt when our booking not been honoured - what a terrible way to treat visitors!

Karen has yet not responded to any of my calls or e-mails for an explanation.

I have complained to VISA and they are initiating an investigation.

So if you want peace of mind in booking a holiday stay in Tobago

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: do not stay
Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank scotlandtrini
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our family 4 years ago and of course wanted to go back there again 2 weeks ago. I was warned by Karen about the renovations being done, but I still chose to stay there. The location is excellent, the sense of being safe-you cannot put a price on that! Our every need was met and then to top it all she did not want us to pay, due to the discomfort she thought we endured. It is on the main drag and it was fun to sit on the balcony at night and have drinks while checking out the scene!!!!
Thanks again Karen and Joslin, see you next year!!!!!

Room Tip: If you want personal care and a sense of safety for your family, this is it!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine

Been to Kia's Across from The Beach? Share your experiences!