“Stinkest attitude”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Mike's Holiday Resort
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at Mike's with my girlfriend who recommended this place in January , 2014 , since she stayed here before and due to it's ideal location. Our stay was a good one and we dealt with the pleasant lady in the mini mart downstairs. However, on our last day, I was leaving the apartment around half 10 to go to Buccoo just to collect an item and Mr. Mike braced me as I was exiting and asked me where i was going and indicated that we have to check out just now. I asked him if he had any other available apartments and told us no. He then proceeded to insist that we organise to pack and he is the owner of this place and that we should organise to leave. He then went on to use obscenities . Luckily my girlfriend as well as my cousin and brother were there to see the manner in which this man unprofessionally carried himself. Such an unprofessional , low life manner to run your place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BSerrette

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at Mike's twice now. Love the room and the other tenants are always cool. The last time I stayed I had dinner with my neighbors downstairs. Had an epic time. Mike is great and will help you with anything you need while you're there. The bike rental place is around the corner so you can get a bike to go explore the island.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank OnJaLee L
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great stay, great location and great price! It's a 2 minute walk from the airport, yet calm and quiet at night. It's a 5 minute walk to Store Bay Beach, where you can swim or get a glass bottom boat. It's a 10 minute walk to many restaurants, including "Skewer's" which has the BEST HUMMUS and GRYO's EVER! It's also a 2 minute walk to "Rituals Coffee," so if you need your fix in the morning, it's quite convenient. The grocery store is a 5 minute walk, and there's a bike rental place near there.

Room Tip: There are two levels. Apartments are rented size wise by the number of people staying in a room, bu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura J
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Well kept, friendly staff, spacious rooms, 2 minutes walking distance from the airport...!

At 50$ US per night for a small apartment (1 bedroom, fully furnished kitchen and bathroom), it is hard to find a better bargain!
Only cons: no view on the ocean (but a 5 minutes walk takes you to a nice beach). Mattress also a bit hard, kind of worn out...

Would recommend for budget travelers!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Francois1986
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We have stayed at mike's on over half dozen occasions and never a disappointment , as far as we are concerned there is no other better place for the price and central location and have steered friends there also . Great ocean view from the 2nd floor and very friendly and helpful atmosphere .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennis z
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I too stayed here..(12/229/10 - 1/6/11).upon the recommendation of an acquaintance's friend who knew Mike..I wasn't sorry. I had a lovely experience...near everything you can want ...even public transportation to town. In past visits (this is my home country) I've stayed at a hilly location with semi private accommodation and no air-con on some very hot days!!

You have yr own apartment, a few blocks from the airport on the left and some beaches on the right. You are offered fresh towels and linens during yr stay..a first ever in all my visits..there is a roti shop at the gate as you enter / exit Mike's compound and the said mini-mart on location.

I liked interacting with Ms Ruby, (Mike's sis) and her son who were mostly on-hand during my visit.

I can't wait to go back again knowing now that I have comfortable accommodations waiting for me in my home country.

And yes..I do have Ms. Ruby's cell #....date listed below is from lack of choice.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the 2nd level because you get a view / breeze and the car parking is at ground...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
12  Thank pearlsteele
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Mike's Holiday Resort is definitely a 'home away from home". A stone throw away from the airport and walking distance to Store Bay and lots of eating places. No need for a vehicle if you are anything like my husband and I who enjoy Store Bay for bathing and relaxing..
The single bedroom apartment was clean and a/c in the bedroom with ceiling fan in living room.
Well equipped kitchen with cooking utensils and cable tv. Hot and cold water with excellent pressure all day. Clean towels and bathroom.
Nice balcony to relax especially early morning watching the sun come up and nice on evenings with excellent breeze!!!
I will recommend to all my friends and family and plan to make another trip soon staying at this wonderful self contained place.
Oh I need to mention the great personality of Ruby and Mike during our stay!!!
Keep up the good work guys and sure will see us soon.

Richard and Debbie

Room Tip: Rooms 7 or 8 upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel
Candles in the Wind
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Mike's Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!