“Total replenishment”

Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Total replenishment”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Every single time I stay at Kariwak I ask myself "why don't I come here more often?" I live in Trinidad, which is a 20 minute flight from Tobago, and over the years I've been several times. Every time I stay at Kariwak I feel competely relaxed and renewed. Kariwak is beautiful for your spirit, for your health, and for your taste buds. The hotel's restaurant is undoubtedly the best in Tobago - the food is delicious, and extremely good for you (it's nice to enjoy great tasting meals guilt-free). Going to Kariwak provides an incomparable escape that will leave you feeling fulfilled and revitalized. Kariwak is perfect if you push yourself very hard, and need a place to feel completely surrounded by ease, comfort, and positive, eco-friendly vibes. I cannot recommend it enough : )

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A friend recommended Kariwak for our trip to Tobago. I am so happy she did! We had a pool room and it was comfortable, with AC, plenty of space and a nice bathroom. It was very well maintained as they cleaned it every day. The grounds are beautiful! We heard birds chirping so much, we wondered if they pumped in the sounds! We got massages, which were great! So relaxing. Then there is the food. AMAZING!!! I recommend getting at least breakfast and dinner there. It seems like most places in Tobago had fried food, so it was nice to have a delicious, healthy, non-fried meal at Kariwak. Every employee at Kariwak was super friendly and accommodating. I will definitely be back. I recommend this holistic haven to everyone I know :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tiffany M
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have just returned from a fantastic stay at Kariwak in Tobago. I have stayed at this hotel many times and it never fails to live up to my expectations.
I enjoyed the absolute best in fresh food which is served there, the ambiance is so relaxing, and I also indulged in the wonderful Yoga Massages given by Tanya.
The Hotel has a wonderful team, nothing is too much trouble, their aim is to make each Guest feel special, and they certainly achieved that aim with me. I have returned home a new woman and I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: I feel all rooms are good
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 186306
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We have stayed many times at the Kariwak. This morning we have just returned from another two weeks there. Cynthia and her staff made it yet another enjoyable stay. The food was worderful and we were delighted to find that Cynthia has published a cook book with all her favourite recipes. Cannot wait to try them!

Room Tip: We love the rooms set if the beautiful gardens.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed 12 February 2013

As always, when visiting a new tourist area for a few days, the problem comes in choosing the best place to stay.
Recommended by a friend, Kariwak was the chosen one. After this experience, I will no longer waste my time looking for another place to stay in Tobago. Kariwak has everything so you can spend a few days in relaxed tranquility, family atmosphere, everything very clean, very good food (maybe a little expensive in my opinion).
Without any doubt, a place to recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RuiCadima
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This is by far the most beautiful and thoroughly wonderful place I have visited. The hidden waterfall pool at the back of the garden (where they grow their own vegetables, herbs, etc.) surrounded by beautiful flowering plants was the most idyllic refuge imaginable. Food wonderful, staff attentive, clean, etc....everything one could hope for. The fact that the Clovis family created this out of virtual wasteland with thought in every detail is a most impressive lifetime achievement. You will be lucky to be in such a very special place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We had a great time here in this superb hotel and superb island.

The room in the garden was huge with a very very large and comfortable bed and lots of hanging and moving about space.

Breakfast was very good and the staff were so lovely, friendly and just good to be with, none of the waitresses could be faulted and AnnA in the office was very helpful and sorted out our trips no problem.

I was very sorry to leave such nice people and we got hugs on departure, Mrs. Clovis has cleverly acquired some very good people to work for her. I wish them all well.

The pool was good and the cocktails to die for! and I did have quite a lot !! evenings spent sitting outside our room with a couple of Caribs after a nice meal, what more can you ask for??

Try to get a trip with Peter Cox to go into the rainforest and find birds, he really knows his stuff and we were lucky enough to see a Hummingbird on her nest, we also went to Arnos Vale and saw lovely jewel bright Hummingbirds inches away from us. Michael also gave us a good island tour, with Ellis tours.

Stay at the Kariwak you will love it.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are a little more remote but a lot bigger and with a great very large bed.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort

Been to Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel? Share your experiences!