We spent one night here - Husband, 2 young kids, my mum, my sister & I. It seemed, at first, a bit too rustic but one quickly realizes that though the rooms are basic, the essence of the place is serenity. The quietness of the place, occasionally interrupted by the calling birds, calms and quietens the spirit. The staff were quite friendly - Hey Kinnesha! - and helpful.
The rooms were clean -basic, true - but clean.
We managed to enjoy the use of the pool and wandered over to the Jacuzzi, which by the way, was FREEZING, though that did not deter my 6 year old part fish daughter, Lol!
Only part I did not enjoy was the dinner - I felt the choices were quite limited for a buffet.
Also, it took quite a while for orders to arrive.
On the plus side, the hotel serves fresh and organic food - everything seems homegrown.
I will probably be back next time I go to Tobago.
And, if you don't have much luggage, you can walk to/from the airport - it's about 10 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kariwak is an intimate 24 room Tobago hotel with unmistakable Caribbean ambiance. It features wholesome cuisine using its own home-grown herbs in the restaurant, and holistic holiday activities - yoga, massage, Tai Chi. There is an award-winning tropical garden with abundant plants and bird life in addition to the garden jacuzzi, pool, weekend live entertainment. Kariwak enjoys a high percentage of repeat clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven Hotel Crown Point
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven And Hotel Tobago/Crown Point