We have just returned from a stay at the Kariwak Hotel and concur with the glowing reviews previously posted on Trip Advisor. The hotel is situated just a short taxi ride or walk from Crown Point airport which puts it in within easy reach of everything as most of the hotels, bars, restaurants are clustered in this area. You are also close to the clear waters and clean sands of Store Bay.
To summarise, the big pluses:
-A real home from home feel with attentive staff and hands on management.
-Rooms close to the restaurant/pool area
-Tasty and beautifully presented food – the breakfasts are a wonderful start – fresh fruit, homemade cereals and bread as well as a varying main course which is generally a local dish.
-Lovely pool which is ozone filtered and not chlorinated.
One niggle - we were less keen on the buffet evenings (Fri and Sat). There is not such a wide choice as one would normally find at a buffet – no doubt because everything is so carefully prepared. 2 salads for starters, 2 main courses (with vegetables) and 1 choice of pudding (this was served to the table). Less good for us because we prefer a ‘sit down meal’ in the evening and the pasta choice for our 5 year old son was not available on these evenings. We stayed in for one buffet night and ate out on the next one.
Tobago is a back to nature experience and this hotel is totally in keeping with its environment. We look forward to returning.
Jeeps are available through the hotel as it has its own for rental. Do make sure you get out and explore this wonderful island. The roads are good (compared to many Caribbean islands) and traffic is light. Pigeon Point is a 5 minute drive away with superb facilities which do not detract from this tropical paradise. In fact beaches all offer car parks and some are life guarded. The rain forest is about an hour’s drive from Crown Point (on the south road) and can be easily done by yourself. The north road is a lot hillier. If you are out do stop at Shore Things Café, at Lambeau near Scarborough. Another place with the emphasis on tasty, homemade food.
Store Bay is a lovely beach just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. From here one can take glass bottomed boat trips out to the reef. The staff on Marlon’s Soca Queen worked hard to show us the best of what there was to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kariwak is an intimate 24 room Tobago hotel with unmistakable Caribbean ambiance. It features wholesome cuisine using its own home-grown herbs in the restaurant, and holistic holiday activities - yoga, massage, Tai Chi. There is an award-winning tropical garden with abundant plants and bird life in addition to the garden jacuzzi, pool, weekend live entertainment. Kariwak enjoys a high percentage of repeat clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven Hotel Crown Point
- Kariwak Village Holistic Haven And Hotel Tobago/Crown Point