Crown Point Beach Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$120
US$109
Hotels.com
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
US$348
US$248
US$218
US$190
US$183
US$188
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
US$144
  • Pool
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$170
  • Beachfront
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$155
All reviewsstore baypoolside barexcellent locationhotel grounds arecrown point beachstaying at this hotelpigeon pointpublic beachfive minute walkbeach towelssea viewmini martnylon poolkitchenettecpbhairporttobago
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The biggest pro is its location - a five minute's walk away from the airport and the Shore Bay is right there!! That being said, here are my qualms...

- If you are looking for a place that operates by the motto of "Service With A Smile", look elsewhere - With the exception of a couple attendants (one of the daytime receptionists, for instance,) the staff seemed to have left their happiness at home. They did not look like they wanted to be there (and I was not necessarily asking for 24/7 smiles but at least look like my requests are not that burdensome!) The restaurant's very slow service. for instance, should be enough for me to expect to see at least a smile and some sort of reassurance that we would receive our meal momentarily. I don't know...maybe I was expecting too much.

- The room's amenities...oh...the room's amenities!!! - Saying the room's amenities were somewhat lacking is an understatement. For instance, our refrigerator barely cooled anything, the bathroom is very tiny, the bed mattress was very stiff, and there were no complimentary shampoos, conditioners and/or moisturizers. We were entrusted with actual keys to our doors (not keycards) and a remote control for which we needed to sign in and sign out of a book at the front desk. I expected that my vacation would entail a certain degree of "magic" - that I would find it so hard to leave my room for anything, but I guess the state of the room made being outside the more favorable option...always.

- Outdoor disturbances - Depending on where you are located, there is a possibility that you hear everything that goes on outside, whether it is the music downstairs, the other guests loitering around their respective balconies, or just the staff rolling machinery and carts down the hallway. If you are looking for peace and quiet, and just the sounds of the waves crashing against the shore, you might want to emphasize this to the staff or reconsider booking this hotel

- Safety - We received, as a part of our welcome package, a notice that the hotel was not liable for stolen items. Well, wouldn't it be great to have an individual safety deposit box located in each room so we can store our belongings ourselves in glorious privacy? Apparently not. There is a locker system behind the reception where all our valuables were stored, which closed 10pm every day. This means that every time I leave my room, I have to traverse to the front desk to request a locker for my things. However, these lockers are not big enough for larger-sized technological gadgets and valuables. It would have been nice to know this prior to bringing my laptop.

- Elevators, anyone? - So, I understand that it is only two floors, but I would think that the transportation of heavy items (suitcases) would necessitate a lift of some sort. The melodious sounds of the bell boy's suitcase cart cascading over the staircase ever so often is so worth more than not installing a form of convenience for the guy. Even those poor elderly men and women with walking disabilities...they may want to have a second-floor room without having to hobble up those stairs to get there.

Now, I am not trying to be deliberately malicious in this review. However, when I can have better experiences at cheaper hotels in less-developed tourist areas worldwide, I expected a lot more from this place.

Room Tip: Ask for the pros and cons of each type of room prior to booking.
3  Thank gemdroper
cpbh, Manager at Crown Point Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We have noted your comments regarding your visit and our facilities and apologise that we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We just returned from a week at Crown Point. Our family reunion occupied 5 rooms of different styles and sizes. The resort's location is excellent and the staff is wonderful. The housekeeping staff deserves particular praise. All members of our family were very pleased with their friendliness, helpfulness, and the cleanliness of the units. We also found the security staff to be very helpful, day or night. I felt that my family and our belongings were quite safe. I didn't eat much at the hotel but I can report that the breakfast menu was reasonably priced and that the bartender was helpful with tourism suggestions. On a different note, it was so nice to use their guest laundry: full-size machines, no coins required. It's also very convenient that there is a mini-mart a few yards away from the resort. If you're in Tobago and looking for an easy place to stay, I recommend Crown Point!

Room Tip: The apartments were spacious.
5  Thank Aji00

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our facility, and I will share your praises to our staff.

We look forward to you and your family returning in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have been spending part of the winter at the Crown Point Beach Hotel for a number of years. This year, when we returned, they had our favourite apartment ready for us on arrival, with everything prepared exactly as we like it. They treat us like pampered guests here--family, really--and management and staff go out of their way to offer us a warm welcome back each year.

We're always glad to return and have not only the best view on the island of the Store Bay small harbour with boats coming and going but are just steps from the local beach. It's small but has great sand and safe swimming. If you want something larger, it's a short walk to Pigeon Point. There are lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance and many more further afield.

We're so very glad to be back here once again at our home away from home in the cold winter months--the Crown Point Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: Lots and lots of room in the one bedroom apartments. Basic equipment included to help you self-cater your stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BATGBT

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Crown Point Beach Hotel and the wonderful comments towards our staff. We look forward to you returning next year.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have stayed in Crown Point Hotel many times with and without children. It is a lovely place for kids. They have done a lot of work on the hotel. We had a one bedroom with a full ensuite and a second powder room. This was really a great help with teenagers arriving back late at night. The room was very clean with a stove, oven, toaster oven and microwave. Adequate utensils. The free wifi was great but did die every now and again for a few seconds. Strength wise it was fine.

The hotel is about 5 minutes walking from the airport. It is located on one of the best beaches in Tobago with lovely gardens and sea views. There is a small supermarket right next door which has all the basics but is a little expensive.

The staff are fairly friendly. Tobago has its own version of service. In between there are lovely great people.

There are definite issues with regards to the restaurant. They have just changed owners and they seem to still be settling in. The food is good but with way too much variety. It takes about an hour to be served a meal. Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant but simply had no food to give us. I would recommend you order your food, then order drinks and chill a bit while you wait. Do not go there for a quick meal. There are a number of other restaurants within a 10 minute walk.

Crown Point is a tradition with us and we will continue to stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms to the west of the pool and bar area can be a little noisy because of the table tennis table. This shuts down at 9.00 pm so should not be a problem at night. All rooms in the main hotel block have sea views.
2  Thank ttchin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. As you are aware the management of the restaurant did have some challenges when they first opened and these are being addressed. We look forward to you and your family returning later in the year.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

This was the second time we used this hotel for our Tobago holiday. I have no regrets using it and will continue to do so. The staff is well trained and accommodating, the grounds and facilities delightful, the rooms comfortable and well kept. Excellent location too to all facilities and beaches.
There is wifi available inside and outside your rooms. The shower pressure is excellent too. We used a one bedroom apartment that easily accommodates 4 persons and has good working facilities. We were allowed to get our rooms before the check in time, and the hotel stashed our luggage for us when we checked out until we were ready to leave. Housekeeping was excellent and kept the rooms in good condition. We had no problems with this hotel at all. I am looking forward to staying here again

Room Tip: One bedroom apartments above the restaurant and pool are subject to hearing the nightly entertainment. If you want somewhere quieter, ask for rooms further away or ask for the cabanas.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Saads12
cpbh, Manager at Crown Point Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments.
We look forward to your return to Crown Point Beach Hotel in the near future.