“Crown Point Beach Hotel and Tobago, so much to see and do”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Crown Point Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Crown Point
Reviewed 5 September 2006

A friend recommends that we stay at this hotel, because it’s close to it all
Well she was right, you just walk out the airport (Crown Point Airport) and the hotel is down the street, which is also the beach.
The hotel is not very modern, but who cares, you didn’t come there to work, but just get away and rest and relax on the beach, which is what I did over and over again.
There is a computer in the lobby with free internet access, just incase you want to look up tours or anything else.
The staff was very friendly, the beach is a hop; skip away from your door.
This beach, Store Bay is beautiful, amazing, simply the best, Pigeon Point (the famous beach in Tobago) cannot compare to Store Bay. Pigeon Point is overrated. Since it became private, it’s just a money hungry corporation, gimme money with nothing in return, not the best beach at all. Maybe back in the days (1980’s) it was the best, not anymore.
Stick with Store Bay.
I would wake up at 6am and walk down to the beach, take a dip and come back to my room and sleep again. What more would you want from a hotel.
I can’t wait to go there
They suites have a kitchen with pots, pans, plates, silver ware, knives, etc. Just walk outside the hotel to the supermarket and you can prepare your own food.
Bigger the group you go with, the more fun you will have at this hotel.
Tobago is one of the undiscovered paradises in the Caribbean, I hope it don’t get too commercial like others.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Vittoriokiss

New York
Reviewed 12 June 2006

My girlfriend and I had the the best 10 days of our lives here, from check in to check out it was just such a pleasure. The staff, it would be easiere to say what they did not do besause they did everything possible to make sure we would have a great vacation. Coming from a city like New York I was not sure what to expect and this was our first vacation in 8 yrs but I just have to say after this trip to Tobago and meeting these people you really put things together and realize that work is not everthing and vacations should be taken. In saying this, Thank You to the staff of Crown Point Beach Hotel for making me remember to have fun in life. I can't wait to come back.

The rooms clean comfy and georgous, a porch outside your room with huge glass sliding doors grounds well kept and a 3min walk to the beach mygirlfriend loved that, she was like a fish swimming for hours in that great clear blue/green water she was in heaven and that look on her face just made it all so better. YOU ARE THE BEST IN MY BOOKS.

• Stayed: August 2003
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Trinidad
Reviewed 29 May 2006

Its refreshing to meet such naturally friendly and hospitable staff. Had a great time at the hotel especially with its proximity to the airport and one of the best beaches.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Amsterdam
Reviewed 3 May 2006

Nice hotel and great view of beach, clean rooms, friendly staff.....I stayed in this hotel with my husband. The view over the ocean was awesome.

Housekeeping was very well dealt with. Cabanas were kept clean each day, the beds were made, and we received clean towels. You are on STORE BAY Beach and 10 minutes walk to Pigeon Point Beach the whitest sand beach there is and greenest water beach....

Tobagan people, in general, were very polite and helpful. They were not pushy. So was the staff in this hotel.

The pool facility and bar were okay.

The food in the restaurant was good.. But there were enough eating-out possibilities not far from the hotel (15-minute drive by car maximum).

I would surely recommend this hotel to guests on Tobago.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2006

My family and I spent Christmas and New years at this hotel and it was awesome. It really does depend on what your idea of a caribbean holiday is for you. For us we could not ask for more. We have children aged 7, 12 and 21, we are not into the party night scene or beauty contests on the beach. The hotel was under construction while we were there and the reno's would have been completed but due to the massive hurricane season (all though Tobago was not directly hit) there was more rain then expected which slowed things down. The construction did not interfere at all with our stay. The airport is very close but we really didn't notice the noise. It was nice to get off the plane and be 5 minutes from our hotel. My husband and I stayed in a cabana while our kids stayed in the apartment. Both units had a kitchenette so this was perfect for us. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The local people are beautiful and very friendly, everyone we encountered. I get confused with other reviews that say the people there are rude, never came across anybody like that. The beach is one of the nicest beaches I've ever seen. I haven't been everywhere but I've been to a few places (Mexico, Trinidad, Cuba, Jamaica). If your looking for a party and bathing beauties I would recommend Mexico, The beach is pretty beat up there though. Personaly we can not wait to go back when everything is done because it will be unbelievable.

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank albertaboy
Duffield, Derbyshire
Reviewed 30 January 2006

Having arrived on Caribstar from Barbados it was a bit of a culture shock to arrive in Tobago. On arrival at the hotel it seemed that a major renovation was taking place, this was true. Why start doing a hotel up in January? The pool could not be used and the so called restaurant was a joke, however the rooms were pleasant enough with views over the sea at Store Bay but the staff had no interest in their guests whatsoever, in fact we found that to be the same all over the island. The beauty of Tobago is greatly exaggerated in fact the only decent beach is Pigeon Point and even that needs a good clean up and has extremely surly gate staff. Store Bay is like a ghost town at night so you really need to hire a car or take a taxi. The best restaurants were Shirvan Watermill along the Shirvan Road and Totaruga at Buccoco, the rest were very mediocre. Don't bother with Sunday School at Buccoco on a Sunday night, if you have been to the Fish Fry at Gros Islet, St Lucia and Oistins, Barbados this is a total let down. All in all Tobago is very overrated, the people unfriendly and not the picture postcard holiday destination that is portrayed in the brochures.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2005

This hotel is set in a lovely place the only thing is that its close to the airport and the noise of planes landing and taking off every now and again was not very nice to hear. The staff were very welcoming and i must say the beach ( Store Bay ) and Pigeon Point are amazing. The rooms were cleaned daily and it was an enjoyable place to stay for a week but the restaurant in the hotel was not very good because the service was terrible and the food was expensive and if u want a place with good food then i recommend that u go to Pelican Reef which is a bar and grill which has lovely entertainment and tasty food. I go to this hotel every year so I must say that if u want a simple averaged priced hotel, this is the one for you.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock
6 mi away
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts

Been to Crown Point Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!