“Worst place I ever stayed”

Jimmy's Holiday Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Jimmy's Holiday Resort
Ranked #13 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2010

If you are even considering staying at this hotel, please DON'T you will be dissappointed and your vacation will be ruined from the start. I stayed at Jimmy's Holiday Resort for 4 nights with family and kids and it was the most uncomfortable stay ever. We booked a 3 bedroom apartment only to realize on our check-in that they had actually converted part of the living room of a two bedroom apartment to make 3 berooms, leaving hardly any room for sitting, eating or relaxing, the television was mounted up on the wall high above your head so looking at it placed your neck on a strain. The hot water and air conditioning were not working at times and the room had an awful sell, the entire time we spent there no one came to clean or take out the garbage and on one ocassion we saw roaches running around. The only thing good about this hotel is that there is a mini mart in front of it. I will never waste my time or money at this place again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank Caribbeanwomen

Reviewed 29 October 2009

My husband and i went to Tobago for 3 weeks in september/october 2009 and had a fantastic time. We stayed at Jimmys Apartment for the full 3 weeks and had a wonderful time. I have been reading other reviews in total disbelief. Everybody was so friendly and helpful especially Cindy, Cathy Ann, Alim, Ravi and the Professor, The people who worked in the minimart couldnt help you enough and the cleaning ladies were lovely always polite and smiling. Our room 20c was very clean and tidy but a little dated but we were not staying at a 5* hotel nor were we paying for 5* accomodation ( what is the saying "you get what you pay for") . We were more than happy with everything about Jimmys Apartments and would definatly return, we had clean fresh bed linen every other day and the apartment was cleaned everyday. We cant wait to return to Tobago and when we do we will definatly be staying at Jimmys Apartments............ I dont know how anybody can say it is like a homeless shelter. I have experienced homlessness all over the world and its nothing like this i can assure you. We made some beautiful friends at Jimmys and didnt want to leave

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mummyc38dd
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I stayed at Jimmy’s for 2 nights 3 days. Firstly, we had to make a deposit when we booked, but when we arrived the admissions person (a lady..or should I say woman. She was nothing of like a lady) told us that we had to pay for the full stay upfront!!! Hmm..ok!!!

Now the apartment accommodated 7 persons, but the admissions person assured us that she would supply an extra bed for the 8th person which she never did.
Then...NO TOWELS! I brought extra towels for the beach, but had to use them at the resort. Which is not a resort, might I add, its more like a shelter.

NOW The POOL...oh my gosh!! Isn’t one of the reasons you choose a place to stay with a pool is to have bathing/liming access by the pool.
Jimmy's pool is FENCED and opens at 8 am and closes at 9 pm!!! SERIOUSLY!

To top it all off the first night we realised that we were given sheets to cover with in the air conditioned bedrooms. SHEETS!! Anyone who sleeps in a/c knows that you'd freeze under sheets!! They're completely useless.

NOT to mention the obvious BLOOD STAINS on 2 sheets, which they refused to change for us. (They said they had no clean sheets and they weren’t getting until 2 days later). Based on the lady's attitude I am assuming she just didn’t want to change them. Then again which one is worst? In Fact does it even matter???
Point is - WE DIDNT GET CLEAN SHEETS! And because we paid upfront obviously it would have been no loss to them if we left.

SO THERE you have it! Jimmy's is a dump! Now off to another resort to test it out. I’ll let you know.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
7  Thank JStuart
Reviewed 15 September 2008

My family of 9 booked a 3 bedroom apartment for a 3 night stay.
For the price we paid we did not expect luxury just a basic, clean place to rest our heads. What we got was the complete opposite.
The apt was the complete pits!
The stove did not work after numerous calls someone did come to check on it but was unable to do anything
The television did not show properly -our eyes hurt just looking at it. The "dining table" smelt like it had been wiped with an old dirty cloth.
The bedrooms were by far the worst. The linens were torn, tattered and looked like they had been rejected by the homeless (see pics)
There were also dead cockroaches on the floor and mosquitoes everywhere
When we tried to convey our concerns, the woman at reception had the gall to tell us either take it or go elsewhere.
So after the first night we were lucky enough to find somewhere else and we checked out.
I would never go back to this place nor would I recommend it to anyone - not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank TriniZen
Reviewed 24 June 2008

when we stayed there, it wasn't what i expected. If youre standards are equivalent to The Turtle Beach Resort Barbados or Crown Point Resort-type-place? Then Jimmy's is not the place for you...!!! There were dead cockroaches in the cupboards. The cupboard work was extremely substandard. There was a make-shift bedroom made from a flimsy piece of ply that separated it from the common room. I never walked around without a pair of slippers on. If youre the anything-goes-type person then by all means go...But I would not recommend it !!! The only thing good was the pool.

from S.B.G.
Arouca, Trinidad

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank sonyablade
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Our stay at Jimmy's was very comfortable & relaxing. It was close to the beaches which you can just walk to. Our apartment was clean & very cozy when we arrived. However, the door to the bedroom made alot of noise which was disturbing to be going in and out because I had a baby. I also had a little problem with the hot & cold shower because when I ran the water at lukewarm to have a relaxing bath it sometimes get cold and would get back warm for itself which is not good. I must say the caretakers did a great job except for one time when we were not home and they went to change the bed spreads, I had some money on the dresser in the room & some was missing. It was a great stay but advise anyone not to leave any money lying if you are not home just in case they enter your room.

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank disredchick
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Despite several changes to my travel plans, my needs were always courteously and efficiently dealt with. I finally put in a request for accomodation for just myself i.e. a bed for the night before flying back to the UK the following day. This was done a few days before arriving in Tobago just before the Easter weekend. I was taken to a one bed ground floor flat which was clean, airconditioned and adequately equipped. There was even a microwave in the kitchen. If I were to nit pick, the layout of the grounds makes it difficult to pull luggae along but someone was there to help me on request. Also my flat was so close to the swimming pool, I got all the noise from other guests as well as some clatter from the staff as they set about their cleaning nearby. However, this was after 9am when most guests would be awake. So if you want to have a late lie in, ask for a flat in a more quiet situation or wear earplugs. The latter is probably the more sensible option because finding a decent and reasonably priced place to stay in Tobago in the high season is near impossible. There is a bar above the minimart where one could pass the time quite pleasantly which is what I did until it was time to reluctantly get to the airport . This was only a 5 min drive away and I could have walked if I had only one piece of luggage.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tobagolover47
#2 of 2 in Black Rock
Hummingbird Hotel
Hummingbird Hotel
#7 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Jimmy's Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!