See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2007

Lovely Resort...my husband and i sent the easter weekend there and everything was great from the front desk service to their rooms and not forgetting their scrumptious meals....we'll definitely be going back sometime soon....try it....you will want to go back a second time...

Date of stay: April 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Dale_Sheena
Reviewed 16 February 2007

The staff is friendly, but it seems like everyone started working there the day before we arrived- confusion and waiting was the norm. We waited 1/2 hour @ the front desk for 2 beach towels. When they came (I have no idea why it took 1/2 hr), they wanted a deposit of $18 US per towel in cash (could not be put on the credit card used to secure the room).

Same thing for kitchen dishes and utensils: we had a kitchenette, but we discovered there wasn't a single cup dish or spoon in it. I went to the front desk and they explained that I had to check off on a list what utensils/dishes I'd like and how many and then pay a cash deposit. We couldn't get a coffee maker or spatula for some reason.

These may seem like small aggravations, but they're exemplary of the whole experience. I don't want to bother to catalogue all the hassles here, but I'll add that they had to evacuate the hotel because of a bomb threat while we were there (which could happen to any hotel really), but I'm guessing it was from some other dissatisfied party. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else like Kariwak. Manta Lodge up in Speyside was also awesome and I would recommend it highly.

Date of stay: January 2007
6  Thank Quazgaw
Reviewed 12 January 2007

I stayed at Rovanel's for my honeymoon, it was great. The room was clean and very neat. The dinning area was very romantic and the food was delicious.I paticularly enjoyed the inhouse zoo.
I will recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway.My husband and I will be going back the next time we visit Tobago.

Date of stay: December 2006
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rogue-23
Reviewed 5 January 2007

We were traveling on business and stayed at Rovanel's. Someone else selected the hotel, but we found it to be very nice. It is not a luxury hotel, but the efficiency's are clean and have a beautiful view of the gardens.

We arrived after 11pm, after 14 hrs of travel and were suprised that we could get no food or beverages from the kitchen which was closed.

However, the next day, we found the restaurant food to be very good and affordable. The conference facilities were nice and the pool area is fantastic.

It is about a mile to the beach, but a free shuttle is available during the daytime. Dining outside the hotel is limited but we found a local restaurant across the street to be very good, as well as the Toucan Inn restaurant down the road.

The hotel is close to the airport (about a 5 minute drive) but noise was NOT a problem, and flights stop at 11PM anyway.
Cab fare from the airport was about $7 US.

Of the hotels in Crown Point that I saw, this was one of the nicer hotels and the cost of living in the entire area was VERY reasonable.

We visited the Beach at Store Bay and found it comfortable but pretty small. There are several restaurant and vendors there. We liked the beach at Pigeon Point MUCH better. There is a small admission charge, but the beach is nicer, less vendors and more shade.

We also went to Speyside one night for dinner. It was about an hour drive up the coast, but we had dinner at a WONDERFUL restaurant called the Tree House Restaurant. The food was good, very reasonably priced and it had a beautiful view (right on the beach) really in a tree house.

We went scuba diving with Extra Diver's Pigeon Point. We found them reasonably priced, very safe and well equipped.

We found Tobago to be very laid back. They have not yet completely figured out the "tourist" thing, but that made it affordable and pleasant. All of the hotels are smaller (less than 50 rooms) and few are on the beach.

There are some direct flights, but most fly to Trinidad and then take the commuter flight to Tobago.

We recommend Rovanel's in Tobago and would go back.

Date of stay: December 2006
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank MVOhio
Reviewed 28 March 2006

Excellent resort.. The customer service was excellent and accomodating with easy provisions for car rentals. The rooms were comfortable and what sets this resort apart from others is there is a miniature zoo located at the back of the resort with all sorts of exotic animals like parrots, monkeys and other interesting sights. The food is also top quality and I would recommend this hotel and definitely stay again.

Date of stay: June 2004