Rovanel's Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
View Hotel
All reviewsmini zooherringstore bay beachclose to the airportmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I visited this resort for a short stay with my husband & kids( April 8-11, 2013).
GROUNDS: PRESTINE!
LOBBY: GORGEOUS
STAFF: FRIENDLY, HELPFUL.
RESTAURANT: YUMMO!!! FOOD WAS AMAZING AND THE SERVICE FAULTLESS!!!
THEY GROW THEIR OWN VEGETABLES IN A GARDEN OUT BACK.
ROOM: COULD DO WITH SOME UPGRADES.
PARKING: GOOD.
MINI ZOO: AWESOME! (my kids were thrilled!!)
We stayed in a self catering room(ie a room with a small kitchen)the ammenities were not great. I was a bit disappointed that we had to leave a deposit with the reception if we were to use the hotel towels(TT$200.00) also to have a microwave and pots & pans was another deposit of TT $200.00.

All in all the stay was really great!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Kafi31
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I will split this up in two sections
Pros:
- beautifully landscaped,
- sustainable, scraps from fruits fed to animals, smaller quantity of waste leaving compound when compared to other hotels,
- room and pool cleaned daily
- after breakfast it was nice to entertain the young ones with a stroll to view the animals.
- number of channels available on the tv was awesome, much, much more than any other hotel I've stayed in.
Cons:
- We had to pay a deposit of TT$250 for towels, little did I know that was for towels in the room! We weren't offered pool towels,
- we were in a "self catering" room, but there were no dishes or cutlery (that came at an additional cost), there was no kettle (electric or stove top), the refrigerator was not functional the freezer part chilled the items placed inside, the bottom was worthless and smelt horrible.
- there was a fire extinguisher in the room (close to the stove), great to see but the extinguisher was spent, missing the safety pin and was not inspected since 2009 (I inspect fire extinguishers as part of my job!)
- the "clean" towels that we had to pay for smelt funky and was stiff, this made drying off a painful experience.
- the hot water was as non-existent as the water pressure. I had to endure cold showers with very little water! the shower head was filthy, it was blackish, green, gray ..... nasty.
- I am not sure if the extraction fan in the toilet existed. I saw vents but there was no switch or noise indicating it was on.
- in addition to to animals outside, there were some inside as well, ants and 1 roach (ieww)
- the interconnecting door keep rubbing on the floor.
- breakfast while it was local was basically the same every morning. the fry bake kept running out and it seemed the staff could not cope when there were larger numbers present at breakfast. there was no brewed coffee!
- i could hear what was taking place in the rooms next to me! if i was looking for privacy i would not have it there.
- 3 little bars of soap was all that was available in the bathroom, no shampoo!
- there were insect body parts on the quilt covering the bed on the first day, the quilt and drapes seemed dirty, the drapes were stained with what look like blood to me.
- the bath-tub was dirty on the outer side and the grout between the tiles were black and filthy, the closet was broken.
- there was no safe of location to store money or costly items.
- and worst of all the room had to be inspected before we could leave, i felt like a criminal!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Terri I
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I must give my honest review about this hotel i was not disappointed at all.I really enjoyed my stay here it was really clean,staff was very helpful,breakfast very tasty.One morning while taking breakfast the owner was there also having breakfast,when he was finished he came and introduced himself to all of his guest that morning who was taking breakfast something you really see.Pool very clean the zoo nothing to complain about because it was clean.What can i say you really can't please everyone.I would recommend rovanel's..

',t really please everyone.

Room Tip: Ground floors very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Janelle J
Reviewed 5 September 2012

i really enjoyed my stay here .............rooms were clean ....towels changed daily....bed linens changed every other day......bathroom and toilet very clean.........complimentary breakfast very tasty and local .....dining area very clean.........lawn well kept ........staff friendly......quiet atmosphere........great location......good price .........mini zoo was good attraction.......pool clean and warm ..........i will definately recommend rovanels and will visit again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank nalini s
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The hotel was very nice, the mini zoo was also welcoming.
I enjoyed my stay. Complimentary breakfast was good. the room was good. Staff was very friendly and the place is situated abt 7-8mins (car) to pigenon pt beach.

Room Tip: stay to the front of the hotel as the back has the mini zoo
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple