“Very Nice Resort”
Review of Rovanel's Resort

Rovanel's Resort
Ranked #14 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 January 2007

I stayed at Rovanel's for my honeymoon, it was great. The room was clean and very neat. The dinning area was very romantic and the food was delicious.I paticularly enjoyed the inhouse zoo.
I will recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway.My husband and I will be going back the next time we visit Tobago.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Rogue-23

Reviewed 5 January 2007

We were traveling on business and stayed at Rovanel's. Someone else selected the hotel, but we found it to be very nice. It is not a luxury hotel, but the efficiency's are clean and have a beautiful view of the gardens.

We arrived after 11pm, after 14 hrs of travel and were suprised that we could get no food or beverages from the kitchen which was closed.

However, the next day, we found the restaurant food to be very good and affordable. The conference facilities were nice and the pool area is fantastic.

It is about a mile to the beach, but a free shuttle is available during the daytime. Dining outside the hotel is limited but we found a local restaurant across the street to be very good, as well as the Toucan Inn restaurant down the road.

The hotel is close to the airport (about a 5 minute drive) but noise was NOT a problem, and flights stop at 11PM anyway.
Cab fare from the airport was about $7 US.

Of the hotels in Crown Point that I saw, this was one of the nicer hotels and the cost of living in the entire area was VERY reasonable.

We visited the Beach at Store Bay and found it comfortable but pretty small. There are several restaurant and vendors there. We liked the beach at Pigeon Point MUCH better. There is a small admission charge, but the beach is nicer, less vendors and more shade.

We also went to Speyside one night for dinner. It was about an hour drive up the coast, but we had dinner at a WONDERFUL restaurant called the Tree House Restaurant. The food was good, very reasonably priced and it had a beautiful view (right on the beach) really in a tree house.

We went scuba diving with Extra Diver's Pigeon Point. We found them reasonably priced, very safe and well equipped.

We found Tobago to be very laid back. They have not yet completely figured out the "tourist" thing, but that made it affordable and pleasant. All of the hotels are smaller (less than 50 rooms) and few are on the beach.

There are some direct flights, but most fly to Trinidad and then take the commuter flight to Tobago.

We recommend Rovanel's in Tobago and would go back.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank MVOhio
Reviewed 28 March 2006

Excellent resort.. The customer service was excellent and accomodating with easy provisions for car rentals. The rooms were comfortable and what sets this resort apart from others is there is a miniature zoo located at the back of the resort with all sorts of exotic animals like parrots, monkeys and other interesting sights. The food is also top quality and I would recommend this hotel and definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2004
7  Thank Omarldinho
A TripAdvisor Member
Rock Hill, S.C.
Reviewed 21 August 2005

I come over to Tobago every year and shoot the fireworks for the Independence Day celebration in Scarborough. It is the most beautiful place that we have stayed at yet! I have requested the same place for this years celebration ! I will be there Aug. 30th thru the 1st of Sept. I am really looking forward to my stay!!!!! These people are awesome.......totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU !!!
Darrell

• Stayed: August 2003
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Trinidad
Reviewed 29 August 2003

Rovanel's Resort,

I visited this resort for my honeymoon and it was the most amazing place I've ever been to. The environment is one of splendid beauty and it is a memory I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

The staff was very helpful and the entire resort was paradise for me. I had a really great time at this resort and I would recommend anyone wanting to go there to go ahead and make your reservations. You won't regret it. I promise you that.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Bellissimo Boutique Hotel
Enchanted Waters Tobago
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort

Been to Rovanel's Resort? Share your experiences!