My husband and I returned to Coco Reef for the 4th year running arriving Mid January to an extremely warm welcome and cocktail from the Janelle, before being shown to our suite. Some reviewers say the rooms are dated - a bit 1980's, yes some are a little faded, but they are clean and thats what matters to us. Our room overlooked the pool with the beach beyond, and to be honest, we didn't spend too much time in there. To the reviewer who says that he did not have a good nights sleep - we can only say that he must be a really light sleeper - we heard nothing of the "2am pool party" only the cockerel around 5am each morning.
Like another reviewer says "There are so many plus points to this hotel that it is difficult to know where to start". Eric Feniet the General Manager is very visible and can be seen in the hotel day and night. He chats with guests, nothing is too much trouble and he genuinely seems to remember each guest. We stayed "all inclusive" and the food was really good, buffet style breakfast, with eggs cooked to order each morning, Bachanals Beach Bar at lunchtimes with fish, ribs, lamb, chicken, burgers all cooked fresh on the bbq along with salads, vegetables, rice and potatoes. Tamara's a la carte Restaurant in the evening is more formal and the food was always superb, staff are very polite and attentive, it is always piping hot and we have never had a bad meal.
We can both honestly say that all the staff are friendly, approachable and helpful, from the garden and maintenance staff to the managers. We would to thank all the staff for making our holiday special and would particularly like to thank Melissa for looking after us at lunchtimes.
We sometimes read the reviews of disappointed holiday makers and wonder if they were in the same hotel, we can only say that if they had a problem with staff, it must be them with the problem - not the staff. Tobagans are lovely warm friendly people and if you treat them with respect and friendship they respond accordingly.
We will be returning again next January for our 5th visit - can't wait :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelbag, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coco Reef Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago