Arrived at 12:00 PM to be told that they only had a booking for 2 and as their were 3 in my party they would have to charge me an additional $100 (not sure whether this was Expedia's problem or the hotel's). The front desk then said "your room isn't quite ready, please have a seat and we'll call you in a few minutes". Well 2 hours and three visits to the front desk later I eventually managed to talk with a manager who was totally unwilling to accept any responsibility for the fact that her staff had welcomed us to the hotel by charging extra fees and then left us in total limbo for more than 2 hours.
Not a good start to what was meant to be a relaxing vacation at the beach.
As noted in the title of this review the Coco Reef is able to boast a truly beautiful setting. However the rooms are in serious need of refurbishment and are certainly not up to the prices that the establishment charges. Our room was damp and smelled somewhat musty. On the first evening, after returning from the beach, there was no hot water to shower with and the shower was barely a dribble! The towels provided are small, appear to have been purchased in the 1980's and probably would not even be given to prisoners in a maximum security prison. The food in the restaurant was very disappointing especially as the bill for three of us was more than $125 without wine!
All in all a rather disappointing experience I'm afraid. A few of my business associates in Trinidad had recommended the Magdalena Grand when they heard that I was going to be staying in Tobago. Unfortunately I had already made a reservation at Coco Reef - next time I will certainly be staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Coco Reef Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago