1,627 results
All reviewsprivate beacheric fenietbeach restaurantfishmain restaurantman made lagoonsafe swimmingdress codewelcome drinkthe general managerpalm treesbeach servicefabulous holidaybit datedsea vieweach eveningplenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wile and I returned home yesterday after a super all-inclusive week at Coco Reef flying non-stop with Monarch which was excellent albeit in a half-empty plane We opted to walk from the airport which took us 11 minutes.Before our holiday we wondered if the hotel would suffer from aircraft noise but we needn't have worried. We stayed in room 230 which was very clean and in a lovely position overlooking the lagoon. Meals were very good, maybe 8 out of 10;always a good choice and served by the friendliest of staff. The private beach and lagoon were ideal for a relaxing time and we strongly suggest a trip in Zoe the very comfy and fast speedboat. If provisions are needed there are shops just outside the gate. A hire car took us around the island in a day with plenty of stops en-route, the Caribbean side has gorgeous bays for photoshoots.
On the negative side I don't think one should have to pay for internet use in the lounge and the furnishings are a little tired.
We strongly recommend this hotel and the island of Tobago. If you want an anglised island then this isn't for you but we will not hesitate in returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SamuelsGrandad
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife, son, daughter in law and 19 month old grandson visited Tobago for the day from Port of Spain. The flight was easy and a short walk from the airport we found Coco Reef. Bought a day pass for all at $37.50 per person, the little one was free. The changing room they offered us was on the third floor (no elevator) and amounted to a very small room for one person at a time and also used by Spa customers. The beach is beautiful and protected. There are lots of activities if you wish to see the coral reefs, etc. Most cost extra. Our price included unlimited drinks (Alcohol included) and a lunch buffet. The drinks were very good and the food on the buffet was average at best. The advertised crab cakes were really potato cakes with no crab taste at all. All in all it was a beautiful setting and a good day trip. The staff was very helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank VTDUCK
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I recently stayed at Coco Reef with husband and wasn't sure what to expect after reading other reviews. The hotel itself is clean and public area's and the gardens are well maintained but it is definately not a 5* hotel I personally would rate it as a 3*. Our room was dated but clean and the bathroom was in desperate need of attention, even simple things like replacing the grout and mastic would be an improvement. The bathroom light would sometimes work and at other times you had to leave it for about 20 minutes before it came on and the shaving socket came out of the wall every time you used it.
The room cleaning was always an adventure one day we asked for shower gel and hand towels as they had been missed were told they didn't provide shower gel and the cleaner came back into the room to check that we didn't already have hand towels before she would give us any. After 5 days in the hotel we came back to find that the only bathroom glass we had was missing but we had received 2 more pillows, tissues and extra shampoo we also had to remove all tea and coffee before they would replace any items you used. The cleaning also got later and later during our stay it was also completed by about 11:00am in the first few days but by the end of the stay it was usually around 5:00pm before they finished even when we put the service the room card on the door at 8:00am.
We only ate in the restaurant on the evening we arrived when they were serving a buffet, which was apparently the 3rd day in a row they had done this, all I can say is I'm pleased we weren't all inclusive because it was the worst food we had anywhere in Tobago and was very expansive for the 1 slice of beef I was given.
The main selling point of this hotel is the reef which is amazing and really good for swimming and snorkling.
I know this sounds like a negative review but to be honest we did enjoy our holiday and stay here but would advise anyone planning a trip here not to expect a 5* hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The front of house is well maintained and attractive gardens kept immaculately.
Yes the room was again rather worn about the edges and could do with with improvement, especially the bathroom wear which was very worn.
Ironically the still dated floral decor does match the 80s colour choice of peach walls but it should really be bought up to date for rates charged. (Peach paintwork gives the rooms a dark impression)
More than a few rooms are overlooked, as someone who likes to relax and read during the day, some form of net/voile at the window would afford some degree of privacy.
I did notice the reduction of pillows and towels provided compared to previous visit.
This week the pool is currently closed due to maintenance.

The biggest and most positive difference I notice from my last visit is the attitude of the team.
What a difference!!
Without exception each staff member greets you, whatever the time of day. The service 'tempo' has also been stepped up and there is much more of a sense of urgency. The hotel is clearly well managed day to day and the GM is also very visible, again greeting you.
I liked the way that the beach was attentively patrolled by team members offering bar service.

I can't report on the F&B outlets as I ate out every evening.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank fordwater
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I visited coco reef with my husband and 14month old toddler to celebrate our anniversary. I was expecting a very updated and perfect hotel since the price was TT$1,785 per night for ocean view which only included breakfast. The rooms are dated and definitely needs updating especially the tiles! We had a balcony but never used it because it was always wet, the roof over it had big spaces so dew and rain kept it wet.
The included breakfast was buffet style which was good, lots of options. Eggs and omelettes cooked to order, wide selection of fruits included watermelon, papaya, pineapple, apples, bananas. There was also yogurt, cereals, breads, bake, cheeses, ham and pork sausages, potatoes.
The pool was very small and dirty.... I never saw anyone use it. However they have a protected private beach so no waves and crystal clear waters.
Overall I liked the hotel but it is too expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms don't matter since there are just 2 floors. But it isn't worth it to pay extra for ocean view as the view was obscured by all the trees.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family