We have just come back from a week B&B in the Coco Reef. The hotel is located close to the airport but you cannot hear the very few planes that arrive at the island.
We had a Garden Villa (406) which was in a lovely quiet location overlooking the wonderful gardens. It was a very spacious villa, 2 bedrooms, living area, kitchen and dining area. My only comment on the villa, is that they could have sacrificed some of the living space for a bigger shower unit! The shower, whilst hot and powerful, was very small and had no place for toiletries.
Breakfast was an excellent buffet with everything imaginable on offer.
The staff are very attentive and helpful, although a query on my bill (another room had their meal charged to my room in error) did take an eternity to resolve (mainly because they provide only a total without the detailed transactions).
The highlight is the large sea pool created by the breakwater rocks. This provides an excellent place to view the fish whilst snorkelling around it. The fish life around this breakwater (which takes about 25 mins to snorkel around at a leisurely pace) was amazing.
Peter operates the speedboat "Zoe" from the lagoon. This goes up to the snorkelling sites at Arnos Vale and provides an excellent alternative site.
The beach is wide with plenty of loungers that are in sun or shade. Annoyingly some guests (generally the German and UK ones) would take a lounger pre-breakfast and not return until much later in the day. But usually there were plenty to go around.
There a number of local food places within a very short walking distance, including Store Bay, from where you can also do a Boco Reef trip for TT60pp and an excellent Pizza restaurant (you need to walk inside to the kitchen/bar area to order takeaway).
The sister restaurant Coco Cafe is next door to the hotel but without direct access. You have walk around the block to get there! But does good food in a pleasant environment.
The hotel social director (who frustratingly only works in the afternoon) can arrange trips to other areas of the island (we did the Little Tobago trip) and privately organised a morning of Mountain Biking...both giving excellent different experiences of the island.
You can exchange US$ at reception but get a better rate at the bank over the road, which also handily exchanges GBP£ - both at a better rate than you can get at home!. Also, there are number of ATM machines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coco Reef Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago