Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$129
Hotels.com
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
US$329
TripAdvisor
US$188
Travelocity
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
US$147
US$133
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$155
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
  • Beachfront
1,593 results
All reviewsprivate beacheric fenietbeach restaurantfishmain restaurantman made lagoonsafe swimmingdress codethe general managerwelcome drinka la cartepalm treesbeach servicefabulous holidaysea viewbit datedevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2014

this hotel is an elegant older and very well maintained facility.the view and atmosphere is amazing all open air front desk and restaurant are special. the private beach and beach bar are very cool and the food was very nice also.i hope to return some day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 356panels
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel late February/March 2014. The absolute plus point is its location, fabulous lagoon giving calm warm caribbean sea to swim in. The lagoon has been made by building a row of boulders around the beach which is fine although the seagulls can get rather noisy!
Rooms are very dated although adequate, however the bathroom(in our room) definately is in need of an upgrade-broken toilet seat, dirty tiles and a gross shower curtain. Towels were also not of a very good quality. What let it down for us was the quality if the food, we had been advised that Tobago concentrates on chicken and fish and this is definately the case. Not a problem for us as such but my partner found that the fish was not always cooked very well ,being almost raw on one occasion.
Having travelled around the island Coco Reef does look the best hotel available and we found many guests returning year after year, for one couple it was their 14th time so a lot people do like it! We like travelling to different places so will most probably not be returning, but for the money I expected something a little more special.
That said, Tobago is a lovely, laid back island.

Room Tip: Sea view room definately worth the extra!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank martin36101
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just returned from another wonderful stay at Coco Reef and absolutely love the place. The postives far outway the negatives - yes sometimes the service can be a bit a hit and miss but why worry - you're on holiday, the staff are friendly and helpful and the location is stunning. Can't wait to go back next year.
If you want somewhere corporate and slick, don't stay here - but if you like character and individuality and good fun, you'll love it.

Room Tip: if you go when it's carnival be prepared for noise - doesn't last too long and adds to the atmosphere
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie b
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It's 2 years since we last visited Coco Reef and there was a degree of apprehension - would it be as good as I remembered it? Well I can assure you that any changes have been for the better! The hotel was as friendly as I remember it but it had been smartened up a bit. The rooms looked fresh and clean. The food was excellent and freshly made smoothies are now available for breakfast. Wendy remains egg-chef supreme! The beach is cleaned daily and the water as clear and blue as I remembered. There were a lot more pelicans (a big plus) than I remember and several days they perched happily along the breakwater allowing us to get very close to them. We saw an osprey fishing just along the coast to pigeon point which was brilliant for me. The only sadness was that the motmots, which used to roost in the hotel outside room 201, seem to have moved on.
The only grumble among customers was the internet which is slow and the hotel's idea of a "nominal fee" is quite high (£3.50 per day). It seems to me it causes more bad feeling than it is worth - why not put a couple of pounds on the room rate and give free internet then everyone would be happy!
Nevertheless we look forward to returning to Coco Reef in a couple of years.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Store Bay side are the nicest however around Carnival and other celebrations they can be noisy as there are parties on the public beach next door
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank paula1756
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had some trepidation about our booking here after reading the recent reviews. I can say that in some matters they are factually correct: some refurbishment is needed, especially in the restrooms, and the bedroom decorations do seem a bit tired. But it is a great 4 star beach holiday hotel - and I do on purpose differentiate this from a 4 star city hotel, where my expectations would be somewhat different.
The greatest asset of this hotel is the staff: all friendly, polite and helpful, without exception. They are all well trained to deliver excellent service, despite my perception that they are at times operating under an unnecessarily bureaucratic hierarchical structure!
Good points apart from the staff: excellent food and varied menu options in both restaurants, very comfortable beds, and very pretty and impressive private beach / lagoon area.
What I did not like: self service buffet evenings, and those evenings when only the more formal restaurant was open; the wicker chairs in both the beach bar and the lobby terrace not having cushions, and making them both too low and uncomfortable ( but cushions were available if you asked!); having to get beach towels from reception ( why?); no shower gel in the bathrooms - just small soap bars.
Will I come back -yes, definitely.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple