Overall the trip was good - not great. Having read all the generally negative reviews we still decided to give Coco Reef a try - being locals and all… and this is what we thought:
• Very nice beach; calm, clear, great for kids and swimmers - this was the best feature the hotel had to offer
• Food was generally good, though limited at lunch and there was a lack of that Caribbean flair at both restaurants
• The majority of staff were friendly and helpful
• Way too expensive overall
• Entire hotel, especially the rooms, in dire need of updating.
• The mattress was obviously very old and sagging in the middle.
• The room was not cleaned and swept properly with the daily maid service; we even found a dead cockroach in the room. There aren’t any floor mats in the rooms, which would have been very helpful seeing that it’s a beach hotel after all and residual sand gets tracked all over the place.
• Lighting in the rooms was way too dim. I guess the hotel may have been aiming for a certain ambiance in the rooms, but it just wasn’t functional at all. Getting dressed for dinner was a bit of a chore.
• The staff seemed to treat the tourists/foreign guests better than the locals (keeping in mind that we didn’t receive bad service per se but we still noticed the difference in attitude from some). Bear in mind the staff were still friendly to us.
Other stuff to keep in mind:
A note to the men: you do need to wear collared shirts at Tamara’s for dinner.
There are lots of restaurants close to the hotel so no need to purchase food from the hotel all the time.
Also be aware that there are noisy seagulls perched along the rocks lining the lagoon, but the noise sort of fades into the background after a while.
Try any of the soufflés for dessert!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems and Destinology so you can book your Coco Reef Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago