The Coco Reef is never a four or five star hotel and is pretty sub standard in comparison to other five star hotels in the Carribbean.
The Hotel is in a good location, close to other beaches and places of interest.
The rooms were pretty basic even though we had upgraded to a deluxe ocean view room, the decor was shabby, the bathrooms would benefit from a total refurb.
The Beach was clean and there were plently of beds and areas of shade, the lagoon was ideal for swimming and snorkling and was very calm.
The pool area was hardly used as it was pretty shaded all day but this was ideal for the non sun worshippers, no need to fight for your sunbeds and parasols.
The all inclusive package did not cover all items, such as afternoon tea and there were no tea making facilities in your room.
Howerever there was a good selection of cocktails and local beers and spirits.
The wine served at meal times was ok although there was a restriction on the number of glasses the waitress could serve!
Food was ok you certainly wouldn't go hungry but you might become a little bored, same food each night different flowery menu to make it look and sound good!
The entertainment was laughable especially Elvis, but there was the odd cultural show that was worth watching.
Staff were very hit and miss either very good or absolutely terrible, some staff were extremely rude and disrespectful.
We did have to make a formal complaint about a member of staff, this was dealt with by the hotels management , and appropriate action taken.
The hotel is suffering from the economic downturn and staff are working reduced hours but this is no excuse for cut's elsewhere such as the availability of restaurants and choice!
Gym ok but lack of equipment led to having to wait to get on the cardio machines.
On the whole we had a fantastic holiday, hotel wasn't great but it did not spoil the whole experience the island is fantastic, as are the people.
Sunday School is a must, as is a trip to the rainforest, and a jeep safari, you get to go to all the places tourists dont go!!
Don't be put off by this review just go with an open mind and and don't expect too much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago
- Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago Crown Point