“Lovely Facility and Polite, Friendly Hosts- Will definitely go back!”
Review of Hummingbird Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Hummingbird Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I visited Tobago and stayed at the Hummingbird in July 2011 for two nights. To me the most important qualities when looking for a place were: cleanliness, safety, good customer service (polite and friendly staff), and proximity to the beach. The Hummingbird ranked high for me in all of these areas. The room I stayed in with my friend and her child was clean and comfortable. It had air conditioning (which was needed), a queen size bed, a twin bed, a television, a bathroom with a shower, a small sitting area, and a stocked refrigerator (with water, beer, etc. available at an additional charge). The facility is family owned and operated, which gave the facility a nice, homey feeling. The hosts, Paul and Linda, were very polite, friendly, and accomodating. The facility was small, but lovely and well maintained. The facility had a small number of rooms (12- I think- with each room named after a type of bird), but this made it nice and quiet. The facility also had a pool, which you could see from any of the rooms, and a lovely, small, outdoor dining area (with tropical plants and even a hummingbird or two flying past occasionally) with food made to order by the host Paul (who happened to be a great cook). I also felt safe at this facility. The only minor downside, was that the Hummingbird is not walking distance to the beach or airport. However, it's a short drive (maybe 5 minutes to the beach) and the facility offers rides to the beach and airport daily.
I've stayed at other places in Tobago (which I will not name) and the hosts were rude and had bad attitudes and made me think twice about visiting again. However, the hosts at the Hummingbird were absolutely FABULOUS! They were pleasant, polite, and accomodating. I will definitely go back to the Hummingbird and would highly reccommend this facility! The other nice thing about this place is that the hosts respond to email in a timely manner regarding reservations or questions about their facility (which is nice because other places in Tobago either did not have email or did not respond, and when you're attempting to make travel arrangements from overseas, it's nice and musch less expensive to be able to make arrangements and communicate online without having to make phone calls).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank CANR
There are newer reviews for Hummingbird Hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2011

My stay at the Hummingbird Hotel was exceptional..... Paul and Linda are so friendly and the service was to the highest standard..... Can't wait to visit again......

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank 147388Fiona_24
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This hotel was booked as a family get a way, and I am very pleased it was chosen. Paul and Linda (the owners) made us feel very welcome and comfortable. The hotel is small, but it is extremely nice. The rooms were cleaned daily, the grounds were clean, the pool was beautifully kept, and the house pets, a ginger cat, small snowy dog, and Rainbow the parrot were very friendly. Breakfast was ok, lunch and dinner can be provided if ordered in the morning, but many eateries are a 15min walk away. Paul was my in-house activities person and gave many good recommendations including a glass bottom boat to Buccoo Reef which was fabulous, especially getting of the boat in the middle of the ocean for a dip on a hugh sand bank(water was about 2-3ft high). I rented a car from Ashton by the airport and had adequate parking space by the hotel. I had a really lovely time at the hotel and would definitely return in the future.
p.s Maybe the Guinea Pigs have they little ones by now.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelwolf75
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Wonderful place to stay, not really close to the beach, but walkable and u might want to rent a car anyway.
The rooms are decent size and comfortable. Very affordable and close to the airport.
In tobago, I cant think of a better place to stay.
Dont give this one a miss if u are in tobago

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThiaTravelvast
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My wife and I chose this spot based on the reviews on this site and we are happy to say we were not disappointed! With respect to value for money this is one of the best places we stayed. Not that close to the beach, if you dont have a car you would have a little walk. Its the small things that count when choosing a place to stay and they got most of them correct like:
1. The shower worked well with a good supply of hot water
2. Room service did a great job of neatening the room
3. Nothing was stolen from the room while we were out
4. Friendly host, the guy did a great job
5. Cozy room, it was really nicely decorated
6. The tv and cable worked
The only issue I had was:
1.The parking was outside of the compound and hence not as secure as I would have liked but Tobago isnt really known for crime
2. Once the office or "lobby" is closed reaching them via telephone is a little difficult
But overall a great experience! I will be staying there in the future and would be recommending them to my friends

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Trini_Yick
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This was our third visit to Tobago which we love. We decided to try the Hummingbird this time because of the great reviews in Tripadvisor, and loved it.
Our room which was a superior room, was comfortable and and well equiped with both a quiet A/c plus a ceiliing fan.
Paul and Linda were great hosts and really welcoming, and we made good use of Paul's excellent culinary skills. We also enjoyed the resident pets, Rainbow the parrot, Joey the cat and Sparkle the dog.
Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs and very light and airy.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank B0b_Sue
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I just got back from spending the weekend at Humming Bird Hotel with my boydfriend it was a birthday gift to me and i must say i thoroughly enjoyed my stay, we got in friday and checked in with no hassle and no waiting. The owners were very, very nice and offered to drop us off at the beach after breakfast if we so desired. The pool was always clean and the surroundings also. it was my first time in Tobago and it did leave a memorable impression on me. I plan to return in a few weeks and would definitely be staying there.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Black Rock
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts

Been to Hummingbird Hotel? Share your experiences!