Wow what a find! Candles is probably the nicest guesthouse ive ever stayed in. We stayed there three seperate times during our trip in Trinidad & Tobago in February and March 2007, and would strongly recommend it if you are spending any time in Tobago at all.
Candles is spacious, very clean, comfortable, affordable, has a very nice atmosphere and is in a good location. I couldnt possibly think of anything negative to say about it. In fact, the only thing better than the guesthouse was the owner, Andrew Leekit. He went out of his way to help my girlfriend and me at all times. He gave us lifts to places around the island, took us to and from the airport, gave us advice for our trip and cooked a barbeque for all his guests the evening we first arrived. He even rang ahead to the hotel we had booked in Trinidad, whilst we were on the ferry over, to check that our booking was confirmed and he also tried to arrange a taxi to pick us up at the port in Trinidad. He is a great guy and will make your stay in Tobago a very plesant one.
I cant speak highly enough of Candles, and intend to go back one day. Highly recommended.
Tom Kennedy - England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide cosy comfortable air conditioned accommodation on the enchanting island of Tobago. We are just a stroll away from the pristine beaches of Store Bay and Pigeon Point Beach. We await your arrival to our magical island. Due to the increasing demands from past guests we have recently created affordable mixed Dormitory accommodation in the Attic of Candles in the wind in addition to the already eight rooms that exist. We have installed an initial twelve (12) single beds and there is ample room for a whole classroom, if required.General Facilities....We have two (2) fully equipped Kitchens (one on each floor of the building) which comprise of the following:- Two extra large side/side Refrigerators/ freezers with filtered ice and water dispensers. Two large capacity cooking ranges. B B Que Grill (gas). Microwaves. Toasters. Electric kettles. Coffee percolator....and a generous assortment of cutlery and utensils. We have also provided a large capacity washer and dryer in the Laundry area that is available for your free usage. OUR OBJECTIVE AT "CANDLES" IS TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE A COMFORTABLE AND MEMORABLE STAY ON OUR BEAUTIFUL AND ENCHANTING ISLAND OF TOBAGO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HostelWorld, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Candles in the Wind reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candles In The Wind Hotel Crown Point
- Candles In The Wind Tobago/Crown Point