“Terrible! Will never go back!”

Sandy Point Village
Ranked #14 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Trinidad
“Terrible! Will never go back!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I recently had business in Tobago and chose to stay at this resort. Firstly, when we got to the front desk, the guy who happens to be the owner's son was on his phone having, what i'd call a racist conversation, with someone. I expected that he would come off the phone seeing that he had a customer right in front of him, HE DIDNT! Secondly, they wanted to charge us a 'refundable' cost of $100 for a tv remote. Now, to my understanding, a remote is standard in a room! How else would i operate the television! The rooms were very dull and gloomy, the bath tub was stained, the shower was too low (mind you i'm 5'4'' so you can imagine). We decided to check out the following day but requested a late check out, due to our flight time. They wanted to charge us $40 an hour! Are you kidding me??!! Anyways, we decided to just take our luggage to our meeting. We asked if they provided taxi service, which was a "No". We asked if they at least had a number, they didnt have. I was so irritated! I had to flag down a stranger for a ride to the main road!

In conclusion...DON'T STAY AT THIS PLACE! There are waaayy better places to stay than this place. P.S. I forgot to mention the food poisoning i got from their fried shrimp! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Having my first experience at this hotel in the past. nee Paradise. And becoming a newly wed, my husband and I decided to return to spend our honeymoon there. We stayed in a different room this time surpisingly it was the room next to the one from our last visit. While there we got the chance to experience the hotel Cocktail invitaion at the bar.
We were offered Rum Punch and live entertainment by a band who seranaded us during the drinks. It was refreshing. The bartender keep the drinks coming which by the way was free of charge and complimentary to all guest at the time. It made us felt appreciated to know that we mattered while we stayed. The atmosphere was cool and relaxing. while the music played, the breeze from the ocean blew and the rum punch relaxed our bodies.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Trinidad & Tobago
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This hotel is really nice. The grounds are pretty, the pool and bar are lovely and inviting, and the room is really lovely. Despite what I read below regarding Sean and Ria we still decided to book there. I Mean it was great because I prepared myself to meet anyone of them and all the reviews about Sean are basically true I think because while we were checking in there was an incident with him and a worker and he handled it horribly as if it was the days of slavery! If Sean is a little nicer and a bit more tourist/customer oriented this hotel will be great! However regarding that little speed bump, my husband and I were impressed with the room. It was tropical decor with a tv (no remote! I think We were sup to give a deposit to get one), a table set with 2 chairs which was nice,a table and chair set on the porch which was lovely, a humongous glass shelving to put ure stuff, as well as a very large dresser, a dated bathroom but still very functional, a kitchenette without a microwave and lovely Corelle plates and a comfortable bed. The bed however had a very thin blanket and sheet which was insufficient as it was a bit small for the bed. The AC was not that great as it could not be adjusted properly and the vents could not move so it was really cold blowing directly on us on the bed. Oh about the pool it was really nice as there were bar stools in the pool so we swam up and had drinks while in the pool. Not to mention but the bartender is really really friendly and greAt to talk to. I think I can definitely stay here again although there are some discrepancies but it's good for the price!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Princes Town, Victoria, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Imagine making a booking at this hotel only to firstly be given incorrect direction and secondly when we arrived Ria the receptionist telling us that she wrote down the reservations on a piece if paper and could not find it. she then sends us to a room with a day bed when we specifically asks for 2 beds. Ria is unprofessional and is in dire need of some customer service training,. i wont advise anyone to stay at this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Do not stay here! Ria the receptionist needs training!!!

I made a booking to stay at this place 2 days before I was scheduled to stay, which I guess was a bit poor on my part, however, that is the nature of the business I do. I am self employed so I do need to look at my spending. The advertised rates seemed good!

Ria the receptionist took my details via telephone and confirmed my booking and she gave me some directions. The directions were entirely WRONG!!! She advised, when I got to the lights at Subway / petrol station go straight across, as opposed to turning left toward Store Bay area. I ended up on a dark road, no street lights, heading down a very twisty bend which ended up being a closed road. Had I not previously been to Tobago, I would definitely not have found the place. I even called Ria back whilst I was driving toward Store Bay area and she continued to give me wrong directions - I hung up, called a friend and received more appropriate directions.

After I found the street, I called back Ria the receptionist, for specifications (are you on the left, right, pass this tree or what not)
All I was told is "drive toward the blue lights" (which are for Belle Viste apartments). After parking, I was unsure where to go, since there is Belle Viste, Sandy Point Village and Sandy Point Beach club all in the same alcove. I found reception (SPV) and Ria is missing (even after I literally got off the phone a few seconds ago with her for directions)

Waited on Ria...she went to SPBC to make sure the other reception didn't take my booking since, she could not find my info (no, it did not make sense fpr Ria to call SPBC,
it made more sense to keep me the customer waiting).

Ria did not write down my reservation! Her excuse being, "I was really busy yesterday and like I write it down on a piece of paper and I didn't transfer your information to the book" That's nice Ria, but its 10 pm, so can you just let me know if a room is available for me. She is not sure.

I am not exactly certain if it is because no rooms were previously allocated, but at this point I felt like, if THIS is the crappy service I am getting, let me ensure the rooms are ok before I pay to stay here. Ria continues droning on about why she was unable to write my details, no apology yet. I ask for keys to see the room before. Keys are practically flung onto the front desk. I muddle around in the dark (first I went to Belle Viste, then some car park, then I found the apartments - thanks for no directions again Ria) The room is ok in all fairness. There is a little living room, then kitchenette - a bit dusty, some rust spots but that's ok, and then I make it down to the bedroom. I cannot stay here, the bed is rickety, old and the area smells musty. I previously asked for 2 separate beds. I go back to Ria. Ria, I asked for 2 beds...oh that was you, yes I spoke to you yesterday. We don't have a room with 2 beds. :|
I thanked Ria for her time and left. I checked out 4 other places (after 10 at night) and found some great accommodation at Sun Spree. Ria called me back near 11 to say, she double checked the books and if I want, she found a 2 bed apartment for me. I declined.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A basic, clean functional place to stay in Tobago. Not to be confused with Sandy Pint beach club which is adjoining.

Free shuttles to nearby beaches, walking distance to nearby mini mart/supermarket (a couple hundred feet). restaurant and bar ok.

Not luxurious, but ok if you want a practical and functional place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was a bit nervous at first when i saw the entrance to the place. This being my first time. However when we got into the balance of the compound it did not dissapoint. It was scenic,peaceful and the room was spacious. I was happy eventually with the choice that i had made. The staff was very friendly. I will differnately return.

Room Tip: Garden view was beautiful. If you like waking up to the sound of birds chirping then that's were...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple