“Good place to stay”

Ranked #14 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Umea, Sweden
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

A good place to stay. It´s near the airport but that did not bother us at all. This is not a top notch hotel but the location is good, The rooms, pools and the restaurant above average. The prices good. The scenic beautiful. Cleaning and service good. We will surely come back! Two small disapointments: from the beginning there was a light funky smell from the bathroom, the internet router was weak. Otherwise the rating would have been 5!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had visit this resort a couple of years ago and i just confirmed my room for this summer 2013. The rooms was beautiful and very clean. I loved the setting and furniture that was tastefully done. The food was excellent and the staff was very, very helpful. Outside out of my room there was a pool and a warm inviting jacuzzi and my 3yr old loved it. I now have another child and is so excited to take him there so that he to can experience a wonderful time away from home.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Christine J
Grenada
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I visited this hotel last year with my family, and I expected just a normal place...but I had no compalints, the staff was very happy to assist my wife and I. the beds were clean the food was great and oh my the secenery wonderful, i love Tobago and I am looking to go back in 2013 ans stay at Sandy Point!!

Room Tip: the beachfront rooms are great!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Spice Conceptio... J
Couva, Trinidad
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I took my family to sandy point village from the 22.12.2012 to 26.12.2012 for the first time boy i was worried because of some of the reviews,but i must say it was the best the staff the hotel just lovely clean everything was close wonderful breakfast at the hotel on Christmas morning!!!!the beaches are close.don't believe what people say on the reviews see for yourself and i met Ria for all the days we stay and she is a nice person my family wants to go back and i will be going back Thanks sandy point village for a great get away you will see us again.....

Room Tip: Room 509 are great
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann Marie R
Reviewed 15 December 2012

The Good (1) Great View for overlooking the ocean (2) There is access to 2 pools but the water was cold (3) Certain Common Birds come by to feed (4) Close to a Minimart and Churches Chicken Fast Food (5) Close to Airport if flown-in
The Bad: (1) Nothing to do except for the pool and bar boring (2) No Internet Access in certain rooms. (3) No Remote control for TV with a charge if you request one (4) Kitchen is small but enough(5) The beach is not to play in or on as the water is quite rough, little sand available even in low tide (6) Some staff are friendly, some are not. (7) When washing your clothes they charge strange rates to the amount of for clothes to increase their profit (8) restrictions by the bar in manner of dress code no freedom. (9) No secured parking
In Conclusion its a good place to leave your bags and go out. The Hotel Next Door is much better with secure parking, Picnic and park, gym equipment and jogging space, tennis court, pools. Its called Sandy Point Beach Club but in physical reality you see Bellavista infront of the hotel. I will try there next time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank R M
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Sandy Point Village was a very nice relaxing place. It was close to everything that we want to experience in Tobago. Good food, Casino and more good food. To top it off it was less than 5 mins. from the airport. The staff was great. Breakfast was awesome !!! the beach area is closeby. We will be visiting Tobago again and stay at Sandy Point Village. Thanks Harriet !!!

Room Tip: Close to everything...from fastfood to the beach areas. People are nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Pinoy59
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I recently had business in Tobago and chose to stay at this resort. Firstly, when we got to the front desk, the guy who happens to be the owner's son was on his phone having, what i'd call a racist conversation, with someone. I expected that he would come off the phone seeing that he had a customer right in front of him, HE DIDNT! Secondly, they wanted to charge us a 'refundable' cost of $100 for a tv remote. Now, to my understanding, a remote is standard in a room! How else would i operate the television! The rooms were very dull and gloomy, the bath tub was stained, the shower was too low (mind you i'm 5'4'' so you can imagine). We decided to check out the following day but requested a late check out, due to our flight time. They wanted to charge us $40 an hour! Are you kidding me??!! Anyways, we decided to just take our luggage to our meeting. We asked if they provided taxi service, which was a "No". We asked if they at least had a number, they didnt have. I was so irritated! I had to flag down a stranger for a ride to the main road!

In conclusion...DON'T STAY AT THIS PLACE! There are waaayy better places to stay than this place. P.S. I forgot to mention the food poisoning i got from their fried shrimp! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

#2 of 2 in Black Rock
Candles in the Wind
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Sandy Point Village? Share your experiences!