“Outdated, but comfortable.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Winter Park, Florida
“Outdated, but comfortable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Although it definitely needs some major updates, the bedroom & kitchenette were adequate and were cleaned thoroughly every day. Harriet is the best! The bathroom was as clean as it possibly could have been, given the fact that the tub was so rusted there were holes in it. Eek! The towel thing didn't bother us, as we were out much of the day & laundry was cleaned then.

I would visit again. Just know this isn't a chain hotel & doesn't function like one.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Trinidad and Tobago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Mr Micheal Small needs to do some SERIOUS RENOVATIONS here. When travelling to Tobago, one likes to feel some sense of paadise, my god if you go here, get those feelings out of your head. The plus side is close proximity to the airport, so close you can walk, upon arriving the lobby I mean the entrance...lobby??? there is no chairs, its dark, and totally outdated. the rooms, I must say great layout for a small space, but geez update the kitchen its old the refriderators don't work properly the stove is so old i'm afraid to touch it, the bathroom I can't even shower there, I use the pool shower because the caulk is ridiculously dirty. If you want a try Tobago experience spend the extra bucks and rent a Villa.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the pool and above front office
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RAdPino

Travellers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Port of Spain, Trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Coming from Trinidad and hearing about SPV for some years, I decided to ditch the villas (where I would normally stay) and opt for the hotel experience with my husband and 3 children. Firstly, I was "underwhelmed" at the reception area which was dingy, to say the least. From this ghastly sight, my suspicion arose regarding what the rooms would be like (family room above the pool and jacuzzis) and my fears were later confirmed. My youngest (2 yrs) blatantly refused to bathe in the stained bathtub so I resorted to bathing her under the shower next to the pool. My eldest (11yrs) may have used the toilet all but once or twice because it looked even worse than the bathtub! Maybe I should add here that the apt itself was clean, but obviously lacks upkeep and with what seems to be mould (something black and fluffy) under the windows in the downstairs bedroom and in the corners of some of the tiles. It definitely grossed me out to the point where I was downright angry that the owner does not care for my comfort (just my money, which they will never see a cent of again!!!)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank torshy
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

After reading some previous reviews, I was hesitant when I booked the hotel, I am a die hard for Tropikist but wanted to experience Tobago outside of the all inclusive. We were checked in a little before check in time. the girls at reception were real sweet hearts. We were given a room over the road from the main hotel area, this area had a pool & two Jacuzzis. the apt had a full kitchen, they really included everything. the room was clean, there was a leak from the upstairs AC unit, but not harm done... My husband was not feeling well & I requested an additional blanket and the girl at the front desk brought it right over. The cleaning service was prompt & the meals at the restaurant were pleasant. Nice clean friendly hotel

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank rogerslove
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed at the sandy point hotel and it was great. The location is not far from the airport, the rooms are fully air-conditioned, you've got cable tv. The grounds is clean and the view is great, pigeon point beach is close by. Breakfast was delicious!! And the chef came out and asked us how our meal was, its was like chef's service. I had an overall great experience and would very much like to return again!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nylah23
Trinidad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is the first and last time I would ever be staying at Sandy Point Village. When we arrived and checked in the rooms, the tub at the poolside room was leaking and when we complained they said that there was nothing that could be done over the weekend and we would have to make do with it. From the time we arrived it was a battle for towels. 2 towels are provided for each room and every morning they take them away for 2 - 3 hours to wash and dry with no replacements during this period. The towels are the oldest and hardest I have ever experienced with stains and holes. In order to get beach towels, a deposit of $20 USD is required and this is refunded upon departure. I have never experienced this in all my travels before. When we were checking out, we paid for a late checkout and when asked for new towels, they said that they were doing us a "favor" by providing us with the towels, mind you there were 4 of us and they gave us only 1 towel. The main pool was disgusting and seems as though was never maintained with stains at the bottom as though no proper chlorination is done. I wish there was some way I could post pics here. The bathroom tub was dirty and stained and the lighting is extremely poor with bulbs not functioning in some rooms. The service from the main reception is extremely poor with no concern for paying hotel guests and the maid service is worse than that. Another deposit of $20 USD is required to obtain a remote to operate the tv with very poor satellite reception. The bathroom fixtures and fittings are rusted an stained and not properly functioning. There is no guttering on the roof so when it rains the water run off is very heavy and one can get soaked trying to get out or into the room. If the room is upstairs then the entire patio and decking is flooded.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the main hotel as this is a newer wing and the pool facilitie...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Shiva R
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

My first review was 3 stars.

This one remains the same.

The hotel is old, but clean.

Service is below what you would expect fro a tourist destination, but they seem to cater for mostly locals from Trinidad,

Expect a clean room with kitchenette and grocery stores close by, clean pools.

Don't expect reservation number when making a booking (somewhat unsettling), housekeeping takes your linen to wash and bring back to your room, parking is inadequate, so you may need to park alongside the road.

But for less than US$100 per night for 4 occupants, I cannot complain.

Will I stay there again? Very likely of I am taking a quick low budget trip.

Just know what to expect. It is not the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 20 in Crown Point
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Sandy Point Village? Share your experiences!