“Great Get Away Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spence Holiday Resort & Spence Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Spence Holiday Resort & Spence Terrace
“Great Get Away Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Guys,

"Service with a Smile" that is what best describe my experience at Spence.....Hats off to Patrick and Mandy and the rest of the crew.....job well done. My stay was remarkable. It was safe and walking distance to your every need. The bedroom, kitchen, bath was clean including the pool. My son had a blast in the pool. I would recommend them for your next DREAM vacation.

Sarah
August 05th 2012

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank 2012_Sarah_2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Fernando, Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My friends and i went to Spence for 2 nights. If you decide to rent a car in Tobago, note that there is not enough parking facilities, so ensure that before you book. We took a loft more to the back of the hotel. The kitchen and bathroom are downstairs and the two bedrooms are upstairs. One bedroom had two beds. We couldn't be more satisfied as it was 4 ladies and one couple. The pool, though small was really nice to soak in especially since we had it all to ourselves, it was a bit dirty though. Right next to the pool is a bar so we had no issues there. The staff is friendly and nice. I remember that they held the room for us until we could get ferry tickets from Trinidad to Tobago. The location of the hotel is probably 10 minutes away from the airport and about 15-20 from Scarborough. You may wake to the sound of goats but if you didn't hear it then you wouldn't know you're in Tobago...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank Avianne R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

My stay at Spence was just what I needed to unwind and relax. My son and I spent three nights at their Milford Rd location and I have no complaints whatsoever. The atmosphere was serene and very relaxing. The rooms and amenities were more than adequate for us. Note to the management of Spence - All rooms should have microwaves and the pool should be cleaned more regularly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank charliez_girl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

My friends and I stayed here in December 2011 and was most disgusted. Firstly, we were informed that each bedroom had a toilet and bathroom. Initially it was supposed to be 6 females but thankfully, in the end, two cancelled so it ended up being 4 of us. When we arrived there, we were informed that it was only one toilet and bathroom and not two as were initially indicated!

I was also informed that the apartment came equipped with a microwave and kettle. The staff informed us that "the apartment all yuh getting doh come with a microwave eh....but ah go try and get one from a next apartment"

My initial look was "and whose problem is that? we are paying for the apartment just like everyone else" Eventually the staff came with one informing us that "this is the staff own cuz the one for that apartment making a funny noise so ah givin yuh we own"

**blank stare** seriously Mr Spence?? So have extra microwaves for situations like these then!

The rooms were not cleaned properly as I found an opened condom wrapper in the cupboard in the bedroom. There was a huge cockroach in the washroom. The shower curtain had mildew. The pool looked dark and dirty and the filters/pump was not turned on until the morning we were checking out.

We had to practically beg for towels. One night we were informed that the towel room was locked and the person with the key was nowhere around.

I will never recommend Spence to anyone again!

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Reggie R

Travellers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Spence also owns Sunset Apartments which is on Storebay Local Road. My friends and I stayed here. When we booked the room, we asked for two rooms for two nights and one room for one night since two of our friends were comming into Tobago the next day.

On arrival we were told that we had to pay for the three nights even though one of the rooms would be empty .
We of course made a fuss and asked to speak to the manager / owner Mr Spence himself.
Mr Spence proceeded to argue with us and insist that we were in the wrong for not wanting to pay for a room that we were not using. He was very rude and told us that since we were not spending more money at his place, they had a right to treat us with disrespect.
We put him in his place but his behaviour was appalling. Eventually after much heated discussion we paid for the unused room for one night only.

The next day my friends arrived to check in and were left standing in the hot sun for over an hour to check in. There is a sign that says Check in is at 2pm, my friends were checked in at half past 3.
However when it was time to check out, Mr Spence arrived promptly at 12 pm to check us out and told us that the maid was waiting to clean so we had to leave immediately.

Toilets did not flush and the next door neighbours were burning garbage which agravated my asthma.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank triniredgal
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

I book with a family group of 19, the resort is up to local standard not for visitors from USA Canada or Europe, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is great near to the airport and beach, it,s like going t the cottage not a 4or 5 star hotel, the place can use a bit of sprucing up but it's not too bad. I will give Christine, Peter and Diana a triple A for the care and attention the showed to my group. if you r looking for a cheap place near the beach , airport and transportation , and u do not mind ruffing it a bit it's the place to go

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

its ur going to cook, there are no kitchen towels incase you spill something ,no microwave, i did request one and they did bring it.. they picked us up at the air port & check us in early wit no extra cost.. , we requested towels and an extra sheet which they did bring ,no bed room mats.. the water in the shower kinda slow. no refills of toilet paper. its walking distance to the beach and transport is easy as its on the main rd. 24/hr pool, which was a little dirty but usable , i wouldnt mind going back there , friendly service

Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Bananaquit Apartments
Bananaquit Apartments
#2 of 12 in Crown Point

Been to Spence Holiday Resort & Spence Terrace? Share your experiences!