“My experience at Spence Resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Spence Holiday Resort & Spence Terrace
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I book with a family group of 19, the resort is up to local standard not for visitors from USA Canada or Europe, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is great near to the airport and beach, it,s like going t the cottage not a 4or 5 star hotel, the place can use a bit of sprucing up but it's not too bad. I will give Christine, Peter and Diana a triple A for the care and attention the showed to my group. if you r looking for a cheap place near the beach , airport and transportation , and u do not mind ruffing it a bit it's the place to go

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 February 2010

its ur going to cook, there are no kitchen towels incase you spill something ,no microwave, i did request one and they did bring it.. they picked us up at the air port & check us in early wit no extra cost.. , we requested towels and an extra sheet which they did bring ,no bed room mats.. the water in the shower kinda slow. no refills of toilet paper. its walking distance to the beach and transport is easy as its on the main rd. 24/hr pool, which was a little dirty but usable , i wouldnt mind going back there , friendly service

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2009

Hi all,
i enjoyed my stay with my friends it was well spent. the Staff was very friendly and outstanding you cant ask for mre than that. Not every thing you want in life you can get but to be honest i asked for things just to see the reactions the stafff will give but to my great surprise they helped me out
my dear i can say for everyone it was enjoyable.
Lord the receptionist she took everyone by surprise we had lovely conversations i asked if she was availabe but oh she broke my heart that was my only sad moment she was deeply in love. if you wish you can ask for Hazelann .
Dont get me wrong all of them were great if i remember well they are Patrick, Christine and Ronesta.
go to spence you will see what i mean
I wished i could have stayed longer
But dont worry i will be back for Christmas

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed 24 May 2008

from outside the place looks great, but inside it is horrible, the bathroom is not up to shower is broken, the toilet did not flush properly,in the kitchen the stove was not working.
when ask for assistance the staff was rude, roaches running in the kitchen, the noise from other apt you cannot sleep.all in all the place and the staff is the worse that you can get.please stay away from spence holiday resort tobago.

toronto (canada)

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank rads2
Reviewed 23 June 2007

From outside Spence Holiday Resort seemed like a nice place to stay but I was very disappointed with my stay there. Firstly I booked a double occupancy room only to be escorted to a room with a full size bed. Then the aircondition unit was so loud that it kept us up half the night, and when we did fall asleep only to be awaken by the people in the room next door talking and watching television. The walls are so thin that you can actually hear when the people next door are taking a shower.

If that was not bad enough when we got to the room there were no towels, so we had to ask for towels. They eventually brought us two towels and that was it for the entire stay, they never changed the towels or the sheets in our room. They did not even come to clean the room, or remove the trash. My husband eventually got tired and emptied the trash himself.

All in all my stay at Spence was a huge disappointment but I certainly enjoyed Tobago and will definately be returning there for my next vacation.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank naturalmystic
Reviewed 28 December 2005

OK, where do i begin. The first Spence with the Administration building on Storebay local road seemed nice from the outside, however we stayed at the Spence on Milford- Not exactly what i expected.

Limited Utencils, Towels did not seem clean, they were soiled. the building needed painting.

However the pool was nice. Alot of Chlorine, but it was nice. i enjoyed that part very much.

The facility was quite simple, one picture on the wall, and Oh!, for accommadation for two, there was only one chair at the dining table.

The Shower had a leak which cause the anyone near the toilet to get wet, including the toilet paper.

However, the location is easily accessed, and Pigeon Point Beach and Store Bay Beach is very close by- walking distance.

In all, i would say that my company made the difference......the facility could have been MUCH better for TT $300.00 / night.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank c_meal
Reviewed 13 December 2005

We had stayed at the wonderful Kariwak village but wanted to save a bit of money. So we decided to move to one of Spence's self-contained apartments as we previously had rented a car there.
The building was very nice from the outside and at the first sight we didn't see that there was:
- no cutlery, only one knife and two spoons.
- nothing to clean the dishes with.
- 3 chairs of which one was completely broken.
- a bed which was not longer than 185 cm.
- an A/C that was not adjustable at all. We had to turn it off at night otherwise we would have been frozen. So we were just sweating in a sticky room.
- a window in the room that you could not open. There was a little porch - unusable because of huge black watertanks behind the window.
The staff was OK.
We stayed for 2 nights - only because we had had to pay in advance. We then moved to Rainbow Resort which was much better.
We will never go back to Tobago. Paradise is definitely somewhere else. But if so we would not stay at Spence's again and we definitely cannot recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2005
#2 of 20 in Crown Point
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Spence Holiday Resort & Spence Terrace? Share your experiences!