“Local to the Tropikist hotel”
Review of Syps Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Syps Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Nice evening meal , family run business ,service was bit slow but the food was worth the wait mid range price

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Beautiful home made fresh food, plenty of it, reasonably priced.
pay a visit, pretty sure you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were the only people in this restuarant in a low season week in Tobago. The lady who served us made the food and a gentleman helped out in the bar. The service was fairly quick, however not sure they could have coped with a full restaurant! There was a TV on in the corner but they turned if off on request.

I had a chip chip cocktail which is like a prawn cocktail made with a small shellfish (like a small mussels) which was delicious, followed by a burger which was ok but probably not the best thing to have in a coastal Caribbean restaurant! My wife (and sister in law) had crab back which was a little dry but ok.

I would recommend this restaurant for a convienient, locally served and produced meal.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We only had lunch (and a nice breakfast bagel available @ lunch), my husband quite liked his fried flying fish. Would have tried an iced mocha had it not been twice as much $ as my bagel. The man behind the counter (owner I assume) lacks any courtesy, seems as if he`d prefer you not eat there whereas the cook/waitress/(wife?) is wonderful.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

It was always hard to decide what and where to eat while im in Tobago, so many places yet none ever caught my fancy until a friend suggested i tried Syps, on my first visit it was 4 of us and we tried different meals and all tasted great, right then i decided that this was gonna be 'my spot' whenever I or anyone i know visits the island. Ive been back many times for breakfast and lunch and have always been satified with my meals and Merle's pleasant chit chat.