I struggle to understand many of the reviews for this place. I feel we must have stayed somewhere else!!
It is very quiet (and I say that in a positive way) with delightful views over the lake. But note you are over 20km from the volcano and cannot see it from the hotel, so no nice views of a glowing rim at night from the hotel.
My big issues with the place are:
1. The rooms are very old fashioned, dank and smell musty. I have doubts about the cleanliness, but the lighting was too poor to tell how dirty it was.
2. The staff were generally unhelpful and unwelcoming. There was virtually no information on the things to do in the locality. The restaurant staff were at best amateur, and seemed to be the owners' friends. We nearly did not get our dessert one evening becuase the girl who was serving us decided it was time for her to go home!
3. Food was expensive for what it was, and given the distance from town, you have very little option but to eat there. We went to a Swiss hotel up the road one evening, much cheaper, more friendly but we were the only ones in there. And the hippy shack next door to La Mansion does no more than snacks.
4. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were unheated, and therefore pretty well unusable.
This place might have been nice when it was first built, but that was probably 20 years ago. It now needs major renovation to get it anywhere near an acceptable standard.
PS There is a fair amount of comment about driving on the local roads. They have been substantially improved in 2007, and driving to La Fortuna or to Nueva Arenal is now very easy, even at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive and luxurious Arenal hotel is located amidst overwhelming nature and tropical gardens on the scenic ARENAL LAKE. The inn is made up of 17 luxury boutique VILLAS of 1-3 bedrooms, all with their own private tropical gardens, terrace, AC, satellite TV, fridge and sweeping lake views. The Mansion Inn is the ideal starting point for the activities in the ARENAL and TENORIO area, like fishing, Hanging Bridges, Canopy, Selva Leona,Volcano Hike, Bird watching, Venado Caves, Rio Celeste...... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your La Mansion Inn Arenal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Inn Arenal Hotel Costa Rica/Nuevo Arenal