“in the middle of nowhere but close to everything”
Review of Agua Inn

Agua Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Nuevo Arenal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This place is beautiful, the pictures just don't do it justice. A quaint 4 room inn secluded on a gorgeously maintained property, close enough to town to take a $2 taxi and on the bus route to Tileron and La Fortuna. The rooms are small and simple but clean and comfortable and the rest of the communal area such as kitchen, porches and sitting room are cozy and inviting. The pool area is great and all you hear is the sound of the river and the sounds of nature. You can sleep with the windows wide open and no mosquitos!

The owners are friendly and welcoming as is the rest of the staff. Adela doesn't speak much English but she makes a great breakfast. Kim is helpful with sightseeing information and a great massage therapist!

This is a great place if you need peace and quiet to unwind and rejuvenate or if you are looking for a clean, inexpensive spot for a home base as you make day trips to other areas and attractions such as the hot springs, hanging bridges, zip line, observatory, volcano, Monteverde or other towns.

I loved my stay here and returned home feeling rested and peaceful.

Room Tip: I know some people want frills and amenities like room service, hair dryers, AC, robes, toiletries...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 March 2013

We ended up at the Auga Inn because it's location and affordability. Our plan was to stay there as a base for visiting near-by attractions. However, we ended up spending half our time on the lovely property.

I generally prefer a rude motel clerk to the intimacy of a B&B, but the owner, Trent, made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed chatting, at length, with him and small crew.

Our room was clean and simple. We only slept there as we spent all our time in the common areas.

Enjoy the bird watching, lush jungle, and the bordering stream.

The driveway for entry is not easy to find - be prepared with a detailed map. The Costa Rica GPS we rented did not list this property and we needed help from the locals to get there.

There is a small town near by with a modern grocery and liquor stores. No exciting dining to report.

A great value!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2013

When arriving at the Agua I was greeted by the owner , Trent , who imediately said " Welcome ". This is a clean well appointed , comfortable , personable and clean hotel. The peaceful sound of the creek running in front of the hotel with beauitiful plants and wildlife made it a brand new unique experience. Absolutely wonderful stay ! Rick Wiebe , Morden Manitoba , Canada.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My daughters and I stayed at Agua Inn and Spa and had the most amazing experience ever. The property itself was absolutely magical and the owners Trent and family were the most gracious of hosts. We had planned to make a trip to see the volcano but were so comfortable and at peace that we decided to spend our 2 days on the grounds and hang out with Trent and family!! Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2013

The Agua Inn & Spa is a hidden gem in the Neuvo Arenal area. You are surrounded by the most beautifulest river and jungle I have ever seen. The river really goes around on 3 sides of the pool area. The breakfast and coffee while at this location are the most tranquil I have witnessed in any of my travels around the world. The staff is extremely helpful and knowledgable of anything to do with Costa Rica. They can help you get a rental car, fix your car, suggest travel planning and guide you to your best vacation you ever had. This was by far my most valuable stop you can make while in Costa Rica!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This tranquil setting B&B was recommended when the one we wanted to stay in was closed. I'm afraid they've lost a customer as I will now always stay in and recommend Trent and Juavier's place. With only 4 rooms all with lusciously comfortable beds, large bathrooms, great showers, and beautiful sounds of the rushing creek, birds of all kinds, chirping cicadas, and gentle breezes all tucked into a special place on the lake this spot is truly one of a kind! Oh, and did I mention the scrumptious breakfasts, great coffee, and beautiful views of the pool and well appointed grounds?!! I can't say enough great things about this beautiful place. I don't want to go back to my own beautiful apartment. I want to stay right here!!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I went with a friend to Lake Arenal for the first time. As two women I was a little cautious about where we were traveling and how we would get there. But from the moment I spoke to Trent on the phone I knew I was in good hands. He gave us great travel advice and we found Agua Inn with no problem. Others may have said it's hard to find but Lake Arenal is just that... A lake. So go around it and you can't miss Auga Inn.

From excellent restaurant recommendations to detailed instructions on how to get to other locations in Costa Rica, you're in good hands at the Agua Inn Day Spa. It's a gorgeous piece a property that will quickly become a home away from home. Trent, Javier, Isreal, Quirk, Cloud and Baby Boy all became family to me. It's nice to know I have a second home in Costa Rica and I look forward to coming back.

So relax, relate to some good people and release your stress at Agua Inn Day Spa. You'll be happy you did!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Toad Hall Hotel Arenal
Toad Hall Hotel Arenal
#6 of 14 in Nuevo Arenal
Lake Arenal Hotel & Microbrewery

Been to Agua Inn? Share your experiences!