“Five Star Luxury & Serinity”
Casa Bella Vista
Enchanted Cottage...Secluded
Private Gated Entrance
Beautiful Sunsets
Outdoor Rancho for Gatherings and Bar-B-Q
Have Your Wedding Here...Many have!
High Above the Rain Forrest
Our Pool with a View of Lake Arenal
View from Living Room of  'Casa Grande'
My Son enjoying the Typical Food of Costa Rica
Hike on Our Estate
Entering Our Estate of Villas
My Daughter was Amazed..You will be too!
Unforgetable Family Vacation
One of the Many Hot Springs
Are you ready to FLY through the forest?
My Daughter Could do it...Can you?
Graduation from Rapelling School
Not for the Timid!
I'm so Proud of  Son....You can do it too!
One of many Waterfalls
Frequent Flyer Miles
A Wonderful Time Awaits You
Family of 12 Adults and 9 Children 6 and under
Tom and Maria will be here to Welcome You
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Ron K
Barrie, Canada
“Five Star Luxury & Serinity”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I am writing this to tell of the fantastic stay my wife and I recently had at Arenal Springs Villas by the Lake, in Costa Rica, where we spent 16 days. First, let me say what fantastic hosts we had. Tom and Maria, who run the place, were so friendly and helpful that we now feel we have gained new friends. Because of flight delays we arrived too late to get groceries for the next day. Maria, without prompting, brought from her own fridge, eggs, bread, butter, tomatoes, coffee, sugar and milk just so that when we woke up the next morning we could have a civilized start to our first day in paradise. They provided us with detailed maps, advice on local restaurants, and Tom even drove us around to show us some real estate (which was the purpose of our trip). Tom is extremely knowledgeable in the building trades because he has built hundreds of houses in his lifetime so he was a gold mine of useful information. They live on site so were always around to help with anything we needed. Tom and Maria are definitely many steps above the usual hosts who give you your key and tell you to make sure you check out before noon.
Next, the lodgings were exactly, if not better, than advertised. This is a gated and secure estate on a terraced mountain side that is fully staffed with grounds staff and maid service. There is a pool, TV and Internet (we didn’t watch TV once: who needs TV when you are nestled in this sort of surroundings?) We stayed at Casa Grande, which is a full sized home complete with luxurious furniture. It was much larger than what we needed: there were other couples who were to come with us and they had to cancel at the last minute. It was their loss, because we had the whole lovely house to ourselves, including the romantic hot tub with the spectacular view of the lake and mountain side. There is an outdoor covered eating area with a BBQ and a wood burning fireplace. The house is large enough for 3 or 4 couples or a very large family. The kitchen is fully set and a joy to cook in. And if you have a large group and don’t feel like cooking, Tom and Maria have contacts with a chef who will come and cook for you. The setting was so very serene with Toucans and monkeys in the trees and the exquisite sound of silence at night. From what we could see of the other houses on the estate they are all well equipped and set with fantastic views. I understand that whole families have rented the entire estate for weddings and other occasions and I can see it would be the perfect venue.
The time we spent at Arenal Springs Villas by The Lake was memorable. Our goal was to relax, but mostly to prospect for a retirement home. The site is centrally located with not too distant drives to surrounding areas including San Jose, Liberia and the Pacific Coast beaches. The local area is full of surprises as well with many fine homes and gated estates with excellent homes at reasonable prices. There is even a Yatch Club nearby on the Lake. You might want to rent a vehicle, but there is local transportation as well and there are many rewards to be had with visits to local small towns, La Fortuna, the Arenal Volcano, Monteverde National Park to name a few. We will be returning soon to finalize our retirement home search and I can think of no finer place to stay. This is definitely 5 Star!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The secure and quite setting
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Edmonton
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 February 2014 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers

Luxury-minded travelers
Lawrence KS
Reviewed 27 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing