“Truly a”
other travellers have booked this property
Villa I New Patio Seating taken 4/20/2014 View from the Casa Blanca
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lucerotcb
Fresno, California
“Truly a”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed at Casablanca for the entire month of July. We definitely chose the best place, with the best views, in the best location. The villas and junior villa are incredible rentals. We would wake up to the most beautiful vistas every morning and enjoy truly amazing sunsets in the evening. Either on the property, in the backyard, or less than 100 yards from the villas we saw toucans (a variety of colors), howler monkeys, poison dart frogs, fireflies, and much more. We could sit on the back patio and just watch the birds every day. The beds are comfortable and the kitchen comes with everything but the food you eat. We reserved this property in December of 2013 and Marc was very attentive and responsive to all our questions and concerns prior to arrival in late June. Ty Madill is the property manager and he helped out whenever we needed it. Whether we needed more propane for the oven or assistance booking a tour he made sure we were taken care of. Casablanca has security alarms on all the villas but we never felt like we needed them. My wife and I and our two younger children stayed in Villa I, while my 16-year-old and his 16-year-old friend stayed in the Junior Villa. It was perfect. It rains a lot in this area of Costa Rica. July is the green season and before arriving I was a bit concerned about this, but the rain was gorgeous. I have never heard thunder or seen rainfall like we had in Nuevo Arenal......and I loved it. It had absolutely NO factor on our expeditions and tours and going out. We ziplined, and hiked hanging bridges, and went river rafting and hiked the arenal volcano and did many other things, and none of them were affected by the rain, even if it was raining. I was also concerned about the climate. I thought it might be hot, (after all it is a muggy rainforest) but the temperature is perfect. There is no AC in the villas and there is no need for it. There are ceiling fans which is sufficient. The only time it was hot the entire month is when we traveled to the coast for a few days.

Nuevo Arenal is a quaint little mountain town. Staying here a month, we were able to meet many good people and eat some tasty food. If you are on a budget but want to pick up some quick empanadas or chalupas or sandwiches, there is a soda on the main street called Soda Pilos. Cheap and tasty with wonderful owners. If you want a nice place to sit down with great ambiance, wonderful owners/hostesses and some of the best food I ate in Costa Rica, go to Tinajas out by the edge of the lake. If you want a very nice dinner but a little more pricey, at the bottom of the hill is the Gingerbread. Again, amazing food and atmosphere.

Bring some mosquito repellant even though the mosquitos are not terrible (I thought they might be because we are in the rain forest after all) but when we went down to the lake to fish or out on hikes, it was good to have and it is quite expensive in Costa Rica.

Finally, I remember looking at the photos of Casablanca and the property prior to our arrival and thinking "is this place going to be as good as advertised." The answer is YES! It is just like the photos. It is beautiful and peaceful and incredible. Thanks Marc for a wonderful rental for our summer vacation.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Tim and A...
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
“Wonderful Property - Great Management”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We recently returned from Costa Rica and stayed at Casa Blanca for five nights. From our first contact with the owners the response was positive and very responsive. We received excellent and helpful information ahead of time.Ty, the property manager met us at Villa II and gave us a thorough tour of the house and facilities. Throughout our stay he was always available for questions or to provide local advice and tips.

The house itself was very clean and exceeded our expectations. It was well maintained and well stocked with everything we needed. The view from the villa was gorgeous and we spent a lot of time relaxing on the patio and enjoying the variety of birds that frequented the property. We spotted over 40 species just from the patio and the yard. The views from the patio across the lake are spectacular. We were only two people but the house has plenty of room for another couple or a family. The design was very much to our liking with plenty of light and it allowed the breezes to flow through nicely.

The Neuvo Arenal area is friendly and the town has two well stocked supermarkets, a bank, pharmacy and several restaurants. You can get fresh fruit and veggies every day from a local vendor at very reasonable prices. Temperatures are pleasant and the rain didn't last long when it came through. Be prepared to be startled if you haven't experienced a heavy downpour in the middle of the night on a metal roof. The Gingerbread House restaurant at the base of the hill is excellent and we can see why it is top-rated.

You will likely have a car if you're going through this area and it is a great area to explore. We did one day trip to the Arenal area but other than that we remained close by. You can walk into town but it is about a 15-20 minute walk although taxis are cheap if you're carrying a load.

All in all this is a wonderful property and the it looks every bit as good in reality as it does on the website. Clean, well-appointed and well managed - a great spot to relax and enjoy a less hectic area of Costa Rica. Pura Vida!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The design and layout of the house and the view.
Liked least: We had to leave.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
People with disabilities Older travelers
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Rick Z
“Delightful positive experience in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

this stay was so much more than I expected. The property manager Ty Madill was awesome. This was our first trip to Costa Rica and I didn't know what to expect. He met us at the property, showed us around and then help us plan our visit. He even helped us save some money on discounts to the spas.

The property is in a beautiful location about a 30 minute drive from La Fortuna and about 5 minutes from Nuevo Arenal where there is a gas station and grocery store. We were 4 adults staying in Villa 1 with a grand view of Lake Arenal. The beds were comfortable and everything worked as expected. Ty mentioned that the owner may be installing an infinity pool which would make this even sweeter.

The building and grounds were beautiful. A washer and dryer was available and we had to clean it out due to some bugs that had fallen it. I'd highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Costa Rica.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the helpfulness of the property manager Ty
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
CA, USA
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Walkingto...
“Beautiful house with beautiful view.”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Blanca . The location was superb and the house was gorgeous. We loved sitting on the porch and watching the birds during the day and the amazing stars at night. The location was great for day trips to Arenal and Montverde. Nuevo Arenal was a nice town with plenty of tasty restaurants. Gingerbread was an incredible restaurant.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Trex2012...
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Great house in Nuevo Arenal”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We stayed here for 4 days at the being of February. It is an absolutely gorgeous house. The views are stunning, birds amazing and the area is great. Almost everything about the house was great. Only negative was the town lost water the last day, but this wasn't the owners fault. Would definitely rent again. It was nice that the owner doesn't rent out the other house when you are there. The only suggestion I would make is that the BBQ area could be improved.
We went to Arenal Canopy walk and enjoyed it. Went to Toad Hall and rented a canoe there which was enjoyable. Tinajas restaurant was very good. Would have liked to have gone to the Gingerbread but didn't realize it is closed Sunday and Monday. Overall an excellent experience.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: BBQ area
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
How to book this rental
Submit an enquiry to the owner using the above make enquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Payment Protection
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing