“HONEYMOON ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
AllyTony
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“HONEYMOON ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME”
Reviewed 22 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We stayed at CasaBlanca's Villa I for the first half of Costa Rican honeymoon. We are an active couple, 2nd marriage, 46 & 51yrs old. The house was spectacular in every way. It was about half way up on the east side of the lake, which although it was 45 minutes to La Fortuna (the base of many activities), we thoroughly enjoyed the privacy, natural surroundings and feeling of security/safety the distance from "town" afforded us. We took advantage of everything in the area: zip lining, hiking to waterfalls, hanging bridges tour, whitewater rafting, hot springs and indulged in many meals in the area with the highlights being Cafe Macademia (at the top of the lake) for an unexpectedly fabulous "comfort foods" dinner on our way home one night, and The Gingerbread (at the bottom of our hill) which was perhaps the best meal we have EVER had! Gourmet beyond belief in the mountains of Arenal - who would have bought it even possible? Note that the Gingerbread is closed on Sun/Mon and takes reservations so plan accordingly - you do not want to miss a chance to dine here! But back to the property! The house was impeccably clean, had every amenity, the bed was super comfortable. The view from the house was just gorgeous. We would lay in bed in the mornings and watch the lake view change from sunny skies and blue lake, to heavy cloud cover, brief monsoon rain storm, back to sunny skies with rainbows in the matter of an hour! Which brings me to the next point in that weather in this area is completely unpredictable! We were never "cold" but we were wet - ALOT. The intermittent rain showers are fierce, but brief, and just as quickly as the rain comes and goes, the sun warms & dries you out. We found that you just have to roll with it as it is impossible to plan your outdoor activities around the weather. Every activity we participated in went on rain or shine, so best to dress in appropriate waterproof layers and dry-fit athletic wear. We had absolutely no problems utilizing the security system, but felt like we didn't even need it. Slept with the doors open after day two because we were so comfortable and safe there! We put all of our purchased food/drink in the frig and never had a problem with bugs, although my husband left a few sips in his cocktail out on the patio table and we were blessed with seeing the biggest cricket in our lives feeding off the fruit flies it had drawn early the next morning... Oh, and there's a new hot tub! Which was a nice surprise upon our arrival! It is literally brand new, with some work still being done to the surrounding area. The power of the jets wasn't quite what we have in the states - it may still be a work in progress - but it sure was nice to have a glass of wine and watch the sunset while soaking our muscles from an active day! We saw lots of birds, frogs, little gecko lizards right on property, had a visit from cows and horses to the edge of the fence along tend driveway. Speaking of the driveway, it is STEEP! We arrived on our first night after dark and in the pouring rain so it was a little daunting after a 4 hours drive from San Jose, but after getting our bearings in the daylight the next day, we had no problems coming & going, day or night from then on. The road along the lake has a few issues ("dangerous bridges" as the GPS will indicate, a few sections of dirt road that were in process of getting paved, and some serious corners and elevations) but it made it all the more of a departure from our lives back home, which was the whole reason we chose Casa Blanca in Costa Rica in the first place! HIGHLY RECOMMEND the property & location. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
BNPL
Elora, Canada
“Spectacular property”
Reviewed 16 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My husband & I were fortunate enough to spend 3 nights at this property. Our only regret was not being able to stay longer to thoroughly enjoy the property & the surrounding area. The views were incredible & very private. The food at the Gingerbread Restaurant was outstanding. If you are a bird lover you won't be disappointed - we saw 5 toucans on our last morning & countless other birds. The accommodations were exactly like the pictures on the website & very comfortable. You won't be disappointed if you book at this property.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: views, hot tub, birds & privacy
Friends getaway
Bob C
Prescott, Arizona, United States
“EXCEPTIONALLY WONDERFUL VACATION!!!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My wife (Leonor), myself and two great friends, Gary & Vicki Edwards stayed at Casa Blanca for 6 days. The property was exceptional! We found it to be clean and neat. Everything was provided except food and beverage. The views were gorgeous! Blue skies, tropical breezes with a scent of flowers, hummingbirds, and the occasional call of a Howler Monkey! We spent every night sitting outside on the patio enjoying the weather WITHOUT bugs!
Make sure to take a ride to the end of the driveway and have an outstanding dinner at the Gingerbread Restaurant. It is without a doubt the best food you will ever eat! Then, take a five minute ride and visit the locals in the quaint little town of Nuevo Arenal.
The whole week was relaxing, stimulating, and rewarding! We look forward to our next visit!! Our THANKS to Marc & Michele Benoist (the owners) and Ty, their outstanding property manager for their graciousness, hospitality, and tips on where to go and what to see & do!!

Liked best: Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked least: Ride from airport although it was well worth it!
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
djsdirect
Indianapolis
“Couples Vacation - Rented all 3 Villas - BEAUTIFUL!!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

If you are considering a trip to the Nuevo Arenal, you will NOT be disappointed in Casa Blanca. We traveled with 5 couples renting the entire property in December staying 6 nights/7days. My wife and I stayed in Villa 1 with another couple and absolutely loved it. This was our first vacation to Costa Rica and wanted to stay somewhere near the Volcano but not in the tourist section of the island which led us to Nuevo Arenal area. The drive from SJO (San Jose) airport with a few stops along the way took us about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Think of it as a great opportunity to see Costa Rica. The nearest town with plenty of local dining choices was just a few miles away. We enjoyed the night life with the locals and the beautiful property at Casa Blanca on the days/evenings where we just wanted to stay in. I was SO impressed with Marc's constant communication and tips while going through the booking process. Marc was always there to answer any questions before arriving. Once we arrived, Ty took over and gave us some great tips about the area and tours that are available in the area. Keep in mind that some of the major attractions were about an hour drive into La Fortuna (Great town but a little too busy for us). The Ziplining tour over the waterfall is a must. If I remember correctly, we paid around $75 for 12 lines. To me, this was the highlight of the trip....well the view from our porch wasn't too shabby either. :)

I could go on and on about Casa Blanca and Costa Rica but the reviews below sums it all up. Book it NOW!!! We have attached several photos to this review but if you are looking for more detailed information, photos, videos, I welcome all friend request on Facebook (Jeremy Gearries). We have traveled quite a bit of the Caribbean, Yucantan (mexico) and US and love sharing our travel tips with other members here on Tripadvisor. Thank you again to Marc and Ty and we hope to visit back to Casa Blanca in the future.
Jeremy and Sara from Indianapolis Indiana

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
LPapp
Ottawa
“Amazing Place!”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This place is paradise!... The owner Marc did a great job with the property. The wife and I travelled with 5 other friends. We rented all 3 villa's. It was the Perfect location! Amazing View of lake Arenal...Close to restaurants groceries. And we even made the drive to La Fortuna a few time about 45 min away. I have nothing but good things to say about Casa Blanca.
We would return in a heartbeat!
Thank you Marc... and Thank you Tyler (property manager) For taking care of all our needs.

Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Gary B
“Great views and location!”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This was a beautiful residence which had everything we needed- great views, wonderful location near good restaurants, lovely and well maintained home and useful advice from Ty, the property manager. We loved our visit and would recommend this property to anyone visiting the area.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View of lake.
Liked least: Needed a few kitchen items.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lise A
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Gorgeous view”
Reviewed 9 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

The view from this property is spectacular, and the rental itself is amazing. My husband and I stayed in one villa, my son and his wife in the other. We each had privacy, more than ample space and very nice amenities, at a cost which is almost hard to believe. If you're looking for something a bit out of the ordinary, I would urge you to try it. The villas were the perfect base for going on day trips. We did a two-day pass at the Hot Springs Resort, and also drove to enjoy a beer at the micro brewery at the other end of the lake to watch people sail boarding in the white caps. Although the roads twist and turn the entire distance of the lake, it's worth it to take in the lush flora everywhere and the ever-changing beautiful views. It rained quite a bit while we were there, but it certainly didn't spoil the experience. I even had a very friendly horse stop by for a visit during breakfast one morning. A great trip was had by all. The only thing that's missing is a pool, but I understand there is one being planned.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the patio in villa #2 were first rate.
Liked least: A few bugs here and there, but to be expected given the location.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing