“Bogus deals!”

Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Antipolo City
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Horrible customer service By the manager! The hotel looks decent but too pricey considering its in the suburbs area. We stayed in the hotel because we got a promo deal and we attended a wedding, but to our surprise they charged us the full amount instead of the promo rate that they originally promised. The manager can't come up with a logical explanation why!? Very disappointing! The rooms are ok but the bathroom sucks. The pillows got hairs and disgusting. I'm not recommending this hotel!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
16  Thank Frances C
There are newer reviews for Seven Suites Hotel Observatory

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

1. There were only three basic meals for dinner: Korean Beef Stew, Chicken Teriyaki and Chicken Inasal. We asked if we can order anything else, but there were no other meals available. We initially thought they had a wide selection of food because they apparently have a restaurant which they called the 'Hollywood Steakhouse'. There were no available drinks as well. It looks like the restaurant only operates when there's banquets and big reservations.

I ordered Korean Beef stew and it was too gingery. The meat was also hard to chew.

The only available food for lunch is cream dory. It's a breaded dory with sweet and sour sauce.

We had high expectations on their food since they have a culinary school and their own restaurant.

2. The room was clean, and the design and lighting did not disappoint. We asked for a foot rug to be brought to our room, and we were horrified when we unfolded it -- they gave us a used and dirty rug.

3. They did not inform us that there was no available astronomer when we booked. We weren't able to avail of the star gazing activity -- which was the major reason why we booked there. They did not give us any rebates. They just told us that we can just go back anytime to avail that.

4. There's no wifi. Their DSL was busted during our stay.

5. There are better hotels with good food and better service at 6k plus.

6. The manager, Froilan Peter, was accommodating and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Amrei D
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I had the chance to stay here last night and I must say I was scared because of the other reviews. But I was surprised how they have welcomed us warmly and allowed us to check in earlier than the scheduled time. Upon check in, I asked for water due to extreme heat - but instead they provided us cake and iced tea just in time for merienda. The room was clean when we get in, comfortable pillows and squeaky clean floor. The comfort room has enough space too and wasnt constricted. Aircon was working - however the vents are not adjustable. Cable TV works too - was able to reminisce childhood in HBO through Sister Act 3. They truly accomodate special requests - by dinner time our food was served near the pool just in time after swimming. They are very proactive and checks up on their clients every time - they would call you just to check if you would wish to have your food served in your room or elsewhere in the facility. The pool is clean too - it might be small and only 3ft 10in but was good enough for a dip for a hot night. Food was awesome - not a big fan of Cravings Group but our meals are delicious! Everyone was very helpful! But like what I have written in their survey form - more tissue, rags and dipper/bidet could add a better experience for the you-know-what emergencies. I enjoyed my stay so did my Mom and Dad, this place is a must-go place!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I'm from Rizal and I thought I've exhausted all the overlooking places in Antipolo. It was only recently when I discovered Seven Suites. My friend and I was just supposed to get a bite at Grilla when we saw that there was an establishment just a few steps further.

We decided to explore and saw the whole compound. Since we were new to the place, we inquired at the Front Office if we can tour the place. They were kind enough to allow us to roam around. Found out that there's a small pool and a garden. What immediately came to me was that this could be a lovely place to listen live acoustic music. :)

Anyway after walking for a few minutes, we decided to sit down. We ordered 2 slices of Choco Caramel Cake and sat by their black-and-white themed cafe. The place is quiet, ideal if you want to write or read a good novel. Best to hangout there late afternoon until evening.

Next time, I promise to not only have cakes and coffee but to check in. This place looks promising. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I attended a wedding in Mango Farm and we had a little bit too much to drink. A group of remembered this place from our High School days so we decided to inquire.

Good enough, they had rooms available. Booked 2 rooms.
Room was so so. But it was clean and comfy. It wasn't bad for the price. The lady at the front desk was really accommodating providing extra pillows and a nice pot of brewed coffee.

Breakfast was decent. Typical pinoy food, but it did the job.

Overall it was a nice weekend spent.

Room Tip: Take the top floor area. It's best!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We went there for the observatory of the Panstarr viewing a few days ago. Wasn't really planing to stay the night but we were offered a great deal on a room and it became one of those spontaneous overnighter.

The room was clean and pleasant. Staff was very attentive and courteous. Breakfast could have been better but not bad.

I guess that's what I love about Manila.

Will definitely come back.

Thanks Seven Suites.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I booked ALL ROOMS at this hotel for TWO NIGHTS for our wedding. It was a disaster!

1. Upon check-in, some keys didn't work. Other guests had to wait to have it fixed. The bride was given a key that works on other doors but didn't work on her door.

2. During breakfast. We were only given tocino, rice and coffee (no option for tea). We specifically told the hotel that most of our guest are coming from Russia and Europe. NO OPTION FOR CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. The coffee they served was NOT hot.

3. The groom (that's me) was not served breakfast! They said that breakfast is only served till 10am. I ordered at 930am. I waited for 30 minutes until they told him that they cannot serve him food. WE ARE ONLY TALKING ABOUT ONLY FRYING TOCINO.

4. The next day, they served fried bangus to our foreign guests. They have no sensitivity that most Europeans don't eat rice for breakfast and they did this twice. We had to bring our guests to next door restaurant. But we had to wait for 30 minutes until the restaurant opened.

5. Building construction was on-going during wedding. Group of workers stayed near the honeymoon suite and made guests uncomfortable (esp the bride & groom). They even spoke to my wife (bride) in Filipino and said something like "party party!" My wife is Russian and cannot speak Filipino.

6. Two of my guests requested for a taxi and got a nod from the reception. Guess what, both of them never got their taxis. Employees were always on FB and were not happy to answer guests' inquiries about the hotel and area. It was the street sweeper who helped my guest get a taxi even if he didn't speak English.

Although our wedding ceremony went very well (the caterer/waiters were commendable). The hotel and events organizer were incredibly inefficient and rude. Two events planner resigned during our planning. The manager was not apologetic when she was charging me corkage for "basic" instruments. We had a long debate on inclusion of sound system in our contract. They insisted it's not included. They only retracted when they finally saw the original contract. It's an embarrassment! I have everything document in an email thread.

THINK TWICE IF YOU ARE THINKING OF HAVING YOUR WEDDING AT SEVEN SUITES OR CRAVINGS GROUP OF COMPANIES. If you must, save all your agreements and record your conversations. They cannot be trusted. You have to play it safe.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough space to narrate our frustrations with Cravings events. But shame on the management for making it hard for us. We had a very small wedding.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Antipolo City
Date and Dine Resort
Date and Dine Resort
#1 of 14 in Antipolo City

Been to Seven Suites Hotel Observatory? Share your experiences!