We always spend a long time searching for that perfect combination of a small and intimate setting which offers privacy or the option to interact with the hosts and other guests and that feels like you're in the middle of nowhere but is actually pretty close to every where you want to visit. Cavieres was definitely the right choice!
We spent an exceptional 5 days there, including New Year's Eve. The setting is beautiful with the posada nestled up against the vines and surrounded by various fruit trees and flanked by olive orchards. Wines and drinks are at the ready from the honor bar to enjoy on your little patio off your room overlooking the vineyard. Hammocks abound for chilling in and bikes are available to tour around the local bodegas.
Hans and Alina make wonderful hosts and are always willing to help out, offering suggestions, making reservations, or whipping up dinners. We had a car and it is extremely easy to get around and explore bodegas and mountains and whatever else you wish in the area. All is relatively close from maybe 30 minutes to Mendoza City and airport to maybe 1.5 hrs to Valle de Uco.
Each morning a delicious almost-entirely-homemade breakfast is served where you can get to know the other guests and enjoy the cool morning air.
We spent New Year's Eve there, too, and Hans made a great asado and Alina everything else and we had an awesome time with them and the other guests eating, drinking, lighting off fireworks and getting pummeled by a 10 minute hail storm. Perfect way to ring in the new year.
Highly highly recommended as a home base for exploring the Mendoza wine region!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Cavieres is located in the middle of the wine route in Maipu, Mendoza's first wine zone, with 9 wineries in walking distance. The lodge has 14 hectares, where you'll find vineyards and olive trees. The lodge has 3 spacious rooms, each with private bathroom. It's equipped with a kitchen and dining room. Swimming pool and Wifi. The host Hans provides a copious breakfast with regional products. The posada has its own line of wines, "Cavieres." From the posada you can cycle along the wine road and go wine tasting in the surrounding wineries, visit olive oil factories, chocolate- , liquor- and cheese factories, go horseback riding or do a trip into the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Posada Cavieres Wine Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Cavieres Wine Farm Hotel Maipu
- Posada Cavieres Wine Farm Mendoza, Argentina - Maipu