Last month, my wife and I spent three glorious weeks in Argentina. We love our wine and also enjoy a good steak or two, so this was a trip we’d anticipated for many months. We split our time between Mendoza, Iguazu and Buenos Aires. Of the six hotels we enjoyed during our travels, Posada Verde Oliva was our favourite.
Fellow reviewers have provided excellent descriptions of the Posada and its surroundings, so I won’t repeat their efforts here. Suffice to say, the grounds and pool are beautifully maintained, and create a real sense of serenity and calm. The guest lodgings are equally magnificent, and the rooms themselves are very spacious and well appointed, with a real rustic charm. As wonderful as the accommodations were, however, the main reason I urge travelers to visit this lovely place is because of the amazing staff.
Julia, the owner, could not have been more caring or hospitable during our stay. She took time to chat with us after we checked in, and then put together a delicious charcuterie plate as a mid-afternoon snack, which was one of the best antipasto dishes we have enjoyed. Julia completed the experience with a bottle of her own excellent wine, produced from the many vines growing throughout the grounds. As a means of introducing two weary travelers to the delights of Verde Oliva, this could not have been a better start.
Carolina and Samira, who worked in the office, were also fantastic, as was Monica who looked after us at breakfast (ladies, please forgive me if I am spelling your names incorrectly!). Carolina greeted us upon arrival and made us feel really welcome. Both Carolina and Samira had many recommendations and were extremely helpful in acquainting us with the Posada’s immediate surroundings, as well as nearby attractions and activities. Samira receives a special mention because of the amazing day of winery tours she put together for us!
Finally, I offer a warm and enthusiastic nod toward Miguel, who has been mentioned by others throughout these reviews. Miguel is an independent driver who Julia and staff highly recommend, and for good reason. He is extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and assisted us with great kindness and patience throughout our stay. Part driver, part tour guide – Miguel made our Mendoza experience all the better.
A few quick points:-
- Around the corner from the Posada is Casa de Campo (restaurant). Do make an effort to head over there for lunch. Be warned, the staff speak little English, but the food is out of this world.
- Get lunch reservations at Ruca Malen winery. The view of the Andes Mountains as you enjoy their pairing menu is a real treat.
- Enjoy at least one dinner at the Posada. Don’t skip the wine!
- Mendoza City is a short drive away with a wonderful choice of restaurants and attractions. Miguel is the perfect person to get you there and back swiftly and safely, and his rates are very reasonable.
Thank you to everyone connected with Verde Oliva for making our stay with you so enjoyable. We will be back!
All the best
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rural Hotel located in the exclusive Wine route in Maipu, Mendoza. Surrounded by Malbec vineyards, centenary olive trees and many wineries to visit. It has five rooms, a park and a large swimming pool. Dinner service for guests. Olive therapy with Verde Oliva Eco Cosmetics. Wine, olive oil tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Posada Verde Oliva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Verde Oliva Mendoza, Argentina - Maipu