“Good history and tradition”
Review of Museo del vino

Museo del vino
Ranked #12 of 46 things to do in Maipu
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was definitely the tour that most explained the story of wine in Mendoza as well as all the traditional techniques.

Tasting was ok, we could only do the Museo line, which is not good quality. But you can buy others and your entrance fee is applied towards your purchase

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"wines"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 12 May 2014

On the brochure and map that the tourist office gives out the advert clearly says tours in English and Spanish every 30 minutes. Yet, when we arrived, the receptionist told us that they only give an English tour with a reservation. We walked away upset, coming all the way out there, about an hour on the bus from Mendoza. After looking around I decided to go back and express more deeply my frustation. The reseptionists knew that the brochure was wrong and said it had been a problem, and made call as I continued to protest. In the end she agreed to do a tour in Engish, she even did it hereself. At first I just thought this was the booking lady, but she was great. Her English was very good and she knew her wine! The tour and her explaination of the process was great for beginners like my wife and I. All in all is was a nice experience. The tour cost 70 pesos with 2 wine tastings afterwards, but you can put 100 % of the ticket price towards a purchase. So between my wife and I we got a 140 peso bottle of wine included with the ticket. So its nice, but call ahead to make sure you get an English tour if you are a non Spanish speaker.

1  Thank 703mike
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Boutique/family run places are far more informative and better value than this place where the staff seemed bored

1  Thank GayleUK
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It is probably the most interesting of all the wineries. Lots of memorabilia and equipment saved from over the years. Old trucks and wagons outside. There are no explanation boards but I don't think it needs it. At the end of the main hall is the wine tasting area which is a great place to relax and try some of their wines. Recommended.

1  Thank Dorsetbruce