“Best Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Komatipoort
Komati River Chalets
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had a stay there in 2011 with my friends, I must say the place is beautiful together with the surroundings. it is such a best place to be in and I am recomending it to some other friends of mine....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tshepo M
Sylviakomatipoort, Manager at Komati River Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Thank you for your good review, and happy to hear you were a repeat guest,
and hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A great place to relax and move away from the joburg huslte and bustle. . .
Had a super time with my wife and would recommend this to anyone - and great friendly service from the whole team. Saw hippo (makes the sweetest noise) and crocs as well when doing the riverwalk. Learnt a bit of Swati along the way. . . LoL!!! less than 10km to the Kruger National Park.

Room Tip: You can hear the hippoes at night in rooms on the north side
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylviakomatipoort, Public Relations Manager at Komati River Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear Friends,
Thank you for your genuine review, makes us happy to know our efforts
are appreciated, and that you really enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Was there with my family early last year and I must say it was one o f those few places that I felt sad to be leaving after my holiday, you kind of wish you could take that kind place back to jozi you so you can go every weekend. Will definitely spend a lot of time there when I go into Mozambique.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sylviakomatipoort, Manager at Komati River Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guests,
thank you for your encouraging review, we are blessed with a beautiful setting,
and dedicated staff. We look forward to welcoming you in the future

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nothing beats the peace and tranquility of Komati River Chalets. Going into the Kruger for the day and returning to Komati River Chalets certainly beats some of the noisy camps in the Kruger.
We have stayed a few times here over the years as it is our favourite place in this area, the owners and the staff still have such commitment to ensuring their guests have everything they need.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akena303
Sylviakomatipoort, Owner at Komati River Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your encouraging and friendly review,
We are blessed with beautiful surroundings and happy you could enjoy your stay with us.
hope you can visit in the near future

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife booked us a stay here for our final day of our trip to Kruger. I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly suprised. My wife, kids, and I stayed in a family chalet that consited of one bedroom with two twin beds and ensuite full bath (shower only) and a second bedroom with a queen size bed and full bath (seperate shower and tub) and a large full kitchen and living room area. The lodge advertises it self as self catering with a resteruant

Room Tip: My wife booked us a stay here for our final day of our trip to Kruger. I had no idea what to expect...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 666Nomad_2012
Sylviakomatipoort, Owner at Komati River Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear guests, thank you for your great review, and find it so inspiring that our guests enjoy our beautiful resort and effort of all our staff. Hope to see you all back with us in the future

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband, teenage daughter and I stayed at KRC in late November for three nights and again in December for one. We must have arrived about four hours before the official check-in time but, not only did Ros warmly welcome us, she also upgraded us to a two bedroom, two bathroom chalet. So that gesture formed our first impression and it was a very favourable one that has remained with us.

The chalet couldn't have been better. Spacious, well-equipped with a huge kitchen, very clean, good showers, comfortable beds, good lighting (often over-looked at guest houses). Great attention to detail and well-built properties. There's an individual parking spot and braai next to each chalet and they're positioned so as to be fairly private. On our return trip, we had the queen sized room we'd originally paid for but it was still adequate for the three of us. This one had a kitchenette, microwave, hot plate and is also well-stocked with gadgets. It forms a duplex with its neighbour.

Unbelievably to us, coming from Australia, 'self-catering' means that someone comes in the morning and does your dishes from the night before, makes your beds and cleans the bathroom(s). I quickly got used to that and unfortunately, when you get home, you will discover that you still have to do the dishes yourself.

The location itself is ideal as it can be used to launch a trip into Mozambique, about 2 kms away I believe; as a base from which to explore Kruger National Park via Crocodile Bridge, 10 kms away, and it's also not far from Swaziland. Komatipoort itself has a very good supermarket so you can get all your supplies before you head into the park or wherever you're going next.

The owners are very well-suited to this line of work, very personable, helpful and friendly. There's a night manager, Duncan, who's also very pleasant. The internet seemed fairly reliable if close to the office. There are river walks where crocs and hippos can be cited and, although we weren't so lucky, we heard the stories about the hippos coming up to graze on the grass around the chalets.

The lawns are lush and the birdlife prolific. We didn't use either but there's also a swimming pool and a restaurant within the grounds. There's probably a lot I've forgotten but I'll end by saying it's my absolute pleasure to highly recommend KRC to anyone considering staying here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The two room chalets (I think ours was 18) are recommended. Very spacious, light and well- furnished...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bilasukari

Thank you for your great review, we are so fortunate, to meet so many wonderful people,
and make so many friends, who enjoy our resort and their stay with us.
Hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I will express my great gratitude, referring to an incident during my Southafrica-journey.
In the 6th of November 2013, at morning, we left from your lovely Chalets. After some minutes someone of your staff, catch up with us, and handover my batterycharger. Without it, I had been completely lost.
So, many thanks to you.
Eva from Sweden.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank eva h
Sylviakomatipoort, Manager at Komati River Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able
to get your charger back to you.
Hope you will be back to visit in the future