“Great Steaks----Friendly staff”

Carpe Diem Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We love what we do and do it with love. Black and white is our building, the old postmasters house in it's faded Victorian jeans and at night you cannot miss the coloured fairy lights. The sign in Rissik street at our entrance says :" CARPE DIEM Restaurant & Hacienda Lodge" and there you will find us waiting with food, smiles, accommodation and occasional live music. We are open every day of the week as well as Sundays and offer a versatile a-la-carte menu
Reviewed 10 May 2014

On our recent visit to Kruger National Park, my wife and I decided to give Carpe Diem a try. We both ordered a salad and a T-bone steak. The salads were very fresh and the steaks were tender, tasty and cooked to order. The sauces we chose for our steaks were unlike any we have had in the U.S. but they were very tasty and complimented the steaks nicely. The chips served with our steaks were good but nothing extra ordinary.
Our waitress was extremely nice and pleasant and came back to check on us several times. The manager (owner?) also stopped by to ask how we liked the food and engaged in some friendly chit-chat. Plus, the background music was pleasant and to our liking.
All in all, our meal was a very enjoyable experience we were surprised to find such good food in a small town like Komatipoort.
I would definitely recommend giving Carpe Diem a try.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Not great food and over priced. I ordered the creamy garlic snails. I could not taste any garlic, just tasted like creamy snails. My husband's pizza also tasted like the dough came out of a pre made box and it was not. Fresh. We added olives to his order and counted a total of 3 olives on our large pizza.

1  Thank Delmari
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We went there for Easter lunch today. Very wide choice of menus and really international. Food is good, tasty and reasonably pricy. Recommended for those looking for nice place to eat. Pleasent background music too!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great evening with excellent service on a quiet Tuesday night. The prawns were finger licking good with great sauces. Would come again.

1  Thank TheTennetts
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We visited the Kruger National Park for the first time. It was late when the gate closed and we stop at the first restaurant that attracted us. I ate the nicest Calamari ever and my husband ate steak that was very pleasant. The owner prepared the food himself and his wife and staff were very friendly and professional. I left my glasses on the table when we left. They courier the glasses for me on their costs. I will defenitely recommend their place and will always go back to have a delicious meal, whenever I visit that area.
Isabel Swart