“Excellent Service & Location”
Review of Hotel des Roses

Hotel des Roses
Hotel des Roses
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Kifisia
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Service & Location”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Excellent Staff and Service. Perfect Location in the centre of Kifissia and 5 minutes from the Metro Station. Nice and clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with trip.ru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Cairo
Reviewed 29 February 2012

In contrast to one other review I experienced this Hotel as one of the Best small Hotels I have been living is. A very modern house, small but efficient, absolutely cleen, nice rooms, fast Internet, big tv flat screen, friendly, helpful staff... Wow, what a Hotel! It will be my choice for future visits to Athens!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank sakkara11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed at the Hotel Des Roses for the second year running while visiting Athens on business. Stayed in room 304 which is a little larger that other rooms due to it location at the end of a corridor.

Room was clean and had all that is needed although the lack of a room safe could be problematic.

Breakfast is basic but never left for work in the morning hungry. Lots of good places to eat within walking distance.

Staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms 104, 204 and 304 are slightly larger due to their location
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dallas
Reviewed 11 September 2011

First, let me say that this hotel isn't horrible in the general sense. It's clean, the staff is very friendly and it's in a very nice area of Athens. It's not exactly close to the city center but if you're looking for a great shopping district with some nice eateries you're in the right area.

I'll also give you a little background in the fact that I travel all over the world for work and stay in all brands of hotels, over 40 nights per year. That being said; I've seen some great rooms in independant hotels and horrible rooms in large chain hotels but this one is unfortunately my least favorite. I'll list the issues I had with it below.
If it weren't for the fact that there are no other larger chain hotels in the area and my client is only a 5 cab ride away I wouldn't have stayed all 3 nights.

Issues:
1. Internet is incredibly slow. It took me over 3 minutes just to get Google to come up.

2. The bed is rock hard, and I mean like a stone and you can feel every coil in the ULTRA-FIRM twin mattresses they push together to make it look like larger bed. I threw my 55lbs (25kg) suitcase on the bed and it bounced, literally bounced and not just a little.

3. The bathroom is literally 6 feet by 6 feet (2m x 2m for those on metric), which includes the shower which is 2ft x 2ft and doesn't have a door or a curtain to hold the water in.

4. In-room desk: 3ft tall but the "chair" or stool is only about 1.5ft tall so sitting at the desk and using your computer is not possible and the stool has not back on it.

5. Closet: The hangers don't come out so you can't remove them to hang your clothes correctly.

6. Elevator: 3ft x 3ft.. smallest elevator I've ever seen; it barely held me and my two suitcases.

7: Bedding: Pillows are non-feather, which I like, but they are not soft. If you're prone to being cold the sheet and light blanket aren't going to keep you warm and there isn't a spare blanket in the closet.

8. TV: This is probably a 22 inch (diagonally measured) screen so it's not much larger than the monitor on my desktop computer at home.

9. Laundry: Not available

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank B N
Sofia K, Public Relations Manager at Hotel des Roses, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear Guest B N,

As the responsible for marketing and PR of hotel Des Roses, first of all I would like to thank you for your comments, both positive and negative, as they help us understand our guests' perception and improve the quality of our services.
However, we would like to have the chance to reply and express our point of view. Below you can find our comments regarding all the subjects you mentioned in your review.

1. Internet: We did realize that the internet connection was slow in the rooms, even though in the living room / bar area was quite fast. Therefore, we installed new ADSL lines in all floors with speed up to 24mbps.

2. Beds & Mattresses: Normally, we offer double rooms if it is either for one or two guests, in order to be more comfortable. In case the room is requested for one person, there are two beds either separated or put together. If the room is for two people we give a room with a normal double bed, unless they request separate beds. Regarding the mattresses, we changed them about 2 years ago and considering the category of our hotel as well as the prices of the rooms, we believe that are of high quality.

3. Bathroom: It is true that it is a bit small, but due to space limitation, even during the renovation we could not increase its size. This is one of the reasons that Des Roses is a two-star hotel, even though we believe we offer much better services than other hotels in the same category. Also, when you visited our hotel, in the shower there was a glass in the shower to hold some water, and later we also added curtains.

4. Closet: We changed the hangers in every room into news ones which you can normally remove, in order to be easier hanging your clothes.

5. Elevator: The two elevators that we have used to be bigger, but due to a new law for safety reasons, we had to add a metal cladding and an interior door to each of those, resulting into an unavoidable size reduction.

6. Bedding: Pillows are indeed non-feather, since our prices are quite low for offering such an option. However, this subject is very personal, since we have heard comments of either being soft, normal or hard. Moreover, during summer there is a sheet and a light blanket. If a guest asks for an extra one from the reception, of course we have available. During winter, the beds have sheets and blanket with a cover. In any case, you can always turn on the heating or cooling in the room.

7. TV: Every room has a plasma TV of 22 inches, which we strongly believe that is more than good for the size of the rooms.

8. Laundry: Is now available and the service is done on the same day at a very low price.

I hope our comments were helpful, and convinced you that we really do take into consideration our customers' opinion.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Spent a couple nights in this hotel. As there were no reviews about this hotel. Didn't know what to expect. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are very cleaned and staff were extremely friendly. Good size room and bathroom. The hotel is located at the centre of Kifissia, probably the most expensive suburb of Athens. Full of shops and restaurants nearby. The town itself is quite nice and charming. I left something in my room and only realised it 2 weeks later. Emailed the hotel and they posted it back to me very quickly. Nice breakfast too!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business