We stayed at the Semiramis for the second time this weekend. The first time we were there as a couple in a standard room. This time we stayed with our 1.5-year-old in one of the penthouse suites, which is the only room type suitable for a couple with one or two kids.
Overall our stay was great, with awesome food, friendly/polite/helpful service and an amazing atmosphere if the design of the hotel is of one's taste.
The only minuses of this, otherwise great, hotel are the following:
- The swimming pool closes at 19h00, as the pool area is then converted into a bar/restaurant. Not great, especially if you have a toddler who loves water. On the plus side, early in the afternoon the sun moves to the other side of the hotel, so the pool area is shaded by the building. This is good if you have young children like we do, but I guess not so great if you don't.
- The wireless internet connection was touch and go for the duration of our two-day stay. Signal strength fluctuated continuously and my iPad kept disconnecting and reconnecting all the time. This is something the hotel must address.
- The penthouse suites are great in terms of space, layout, amenities etc., but the air con was too noisy, even in the lowest fan setting, especially in the living room area.
- There was a constant humming noise with a slight vibration, most probably coming from the central unit of the building's air con system.
- Our room was at at the front of the hotel, which is on a very busy street of the area. Even double glazing could not keep out the noise of passing cars and motorbikes.
- Room service was much slower than expected (e.g. about 30mins to bring up two coffees and a juice)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Semiramis is worldwide exclusively designed by Karim Rashid. Comfort and functionality rank high in the design brief and the 51 room hotel offers the complete gamut of services. Wireless Internet throughout, high-tech gym with personal trainers, hammam, Face, Body & Massage Treatments where Decleor products. The heated pool with its impressive waterfall, is a spot of joy with its comfortable sun beds under the colorful umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semiramis Hotel Kifisia
- Semiramis Hotel Kifissia
- Semiramis Greece/Kifisia