“Great value”

Theoxenia Palace Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Kifissia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed for business & staff were excellent, friendly & very courteous. Room clean, spacious & well appointed. Restaurant was good value with a 2 course meal €20. Unfortunately,
I didn't bring my swimming gear, so cannot comment on pool etc. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bigmac74

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was on business in Athens and stayed at the hotel for three days. Because my work place is near Kifisia, so I chose this hotel as it is a member of the SLH. I had a number of wonderful stays at other SLH hotels, so I believed this hotel would offer the same quality. However, my experience at the hotel proved my thought was wrong.

The room I have stayed is so small that normally you would not expect at a five star hotel, even I can hardly turn around in the bathroom. The hotel decorated a Versace logo on the bathroom ceramic wall whilst the bathroom itself is so squeezed. The hotel room was decorated in classic fashion, the facilities are not modern comparing to many other five stars. The rooms also have poor sound insulation, at one night I was even awaken by the guest making love next door.

The highlight of the hotel service was the bellboy, who proactively provided his service. The room service is average as the hotel still kept cleanness. I was particularly disappointed about the hotel front desk, often there is no hotel staff standing at the front desk. In addition, I felt the staffs have a lack of understanding about local knowledge. For example, they did not know which restaurant to recommend around the area although I asked.

The selection at the buffet breakfast was limited, and most of the foods served at the buffet are cold, making my appetizer poor. Other than the breakfast, I often found no one eating at the restaurant during my stay, probably it proves how unpopular this restaurant was.

There are a number of other nice and cheaper hotels around the Kifisia area, you should consider other options before you have to book this one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank popodino
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here for work, nice rooms though my double room this time was a bit small and a struggle to squeeze past the end of the bed and the tv cupboard.

The heating was difficult (impossible) to control - in fact the temperature on troll could not be changed from a sweltering hot fan at 23degrees C.

There must be some rooms with a view as the location of the hotel is so nice, but I was not in one of them.

The male porters were all extremely helpful but the lady on reception was never very friendly.

However, overall, it is a good hotel, the rooms are comfortably furnished. The location us good close to the airport and in an affluent area. The restaurant is ok and the breakfast selection is quite ample.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is the best place to be in Athens ! Staying at the Theoxenia Palace is truly a delight !Everything is wonderful. A grand entrance with marble lobby, renovated and spacious rooms, excellent location and wonderful people that make you feel special. I tried the restaurant for dinner and was very satisified both by the food and the ambiance. Especially now with Christmas decorations all over place it creates a very nice and warm atmosphere that puts you in holiday mode. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a luxurious place to stay in Athens and I look forward to my next visit !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

"luxury" hotel (though rugs looked a little threadbare) located across street from park in a lovely Athens suburb. Restaurants, shops all within walking distance. Rooms were large and bathrooms nicely appointed and very clean. Beds were comfortable. My probliem witiih this place is the marble floors. Water came up from drain in bathroom. I slipped, fell into bathtub and cut my scalp on the faucet. Reported it to desk but nothing was done. Shower curtain rod came crashing down in the middle of the night (also happened to someone else in the group) and that was fixed.

They insist on wetting the marble plaza down in front. Everyone found that area slippery and complained. Breakfast was filling but unimaginative - same thing for 5 days. Desk staff very pleasant.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gardener4313
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with a great atmosphere that offers a great deal for a very reasonable price. We booked through SLH.com and got a great deal on our stay. All of the staff and service was very good and this made our stay very special. This hotel has an amazing location in the heart of Kifisia and it puts you within walking distance from a huge choice of exceptional restaurants. I spent four nights here and tried different places for dinner each night. The hotels gym was particularly well equipped with treadmills and free weights. Overall this hotel offers a great deal of value and I would stay nowhere else besides the Theoxenia !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PSG23
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My company had booked me in for a couple of nights in this 5 star hotel in the northern suburb of Athens, Kifissia. Having lived not far from here in the late nineties I was looking forward to staying in this hotel which I'm pretty sure didn't exist when Athens was home for me. I arrived quite late at night after a wonderful dinner in nearby Nea Erythrea. I was checked in effortlessy and courteously. The first impressions of the hotel, particularly at night are good - stylish, lots of marble, impressive entrance and wide sweeping staircase up to the upper floors. However, the room I had was disappointingly average - more like one to be expected in a 3 or 4 star hotel. I immediately switched off the extremely loud air conditioning and opened the windows onto the balcony with it's view onto the modest swimming pool. The furniture was sound enough but had obviously come from a different era. The highly polished wooden floors were nice, but very slippery in stockinged feet. The irritating half step into the bathroom caught me out on a number of occasions. The bathroom itself has all you needed but, again for a 5 star hotel, I expect more than the old fashioned shower in the bath with clinging plastic shower curtain. The bed (two singles pushed together) was really uncomfortable - hard and with the gap between the two singles was really annoying. I slept badly there... There was also no free water in the room nor any coffee/tea making facilities. Breakfast was also a disappointing experience - so much so that I didn't bother on the second day. The choice was meagre, coffee horrible but at least with great background Cafe del Mar music. Again, for a 3 star hotel I wouldn't have grumbled but...
Finally, on the positive side, the WiFi worked well throughout the hotel, the staff were really friendly and everywhere was clean.
All in all, in my opinion a stay in this 5 star hotel typifies a country in financial crisis. A beautiful building & facade, highly engaged, professional and friendly staff but, on the inside, a lack of financial resources to upgrade the interior to the standards exected at this level.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kifissia
Y Hotel
Semiramis
#4 of 11 in Kifissia
Exarchia
Radisson Blu Park Hotel Athens

Been to Theoxenia Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!